Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 28, 2005, 4:15 PM   #691

I just got the S9000 and very excited about it. Like another I read, it may be more camera then I need at this time, but hope to grow into it. I am planning on getting a UV filter....is there any on-line stores that people would suggest for filters?

I'm posting this picture that I snapped of my cat with a very silly expression and would appreciate any feedback.

Attached Images

PatMackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 3:42 PM   #692

Snow in Holland

http://www.dijkx.nl
http://dijkxhoorn2.blogspot.com

Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:44 PM   #693

What a greatcat odd expression I guess the flash overpowered his face a little.

My Cat is not a grey tabby which I love but I wouldnt change him for the world.
Attached Images

Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 5:23 PM   #694

dijkx

I love your snow in Holland shot... but... I do have one very small criticism, the very slight tilt. Just my opinion but I would either rotate it slightly to make the verticals vertical or rotate it more the other way for artistic effect. It truly is a beautiful scene with great lighting.

Ira

Please do not be offended by this edit, I will immediately delete it if you wish me to. BTW I erased the images from my computer as soon as I did this.

Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 3:17 AM   #695

No problem Monza you are probably right, this forum is there to learn from others.
Here an other picture taken at the same night. How did you straighten the lines ?
Attached Images

Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:32 AM   #696

Post process? I rarely PP with my s9000. I don't know but if there're bad ones out there then I must have one of the ultra good ones. Ultra sharp from edge to edge at all but the extremes of the zoom. Colors very real and natural. It meets or exceeds all my expectations moving up from a 4 MY OLY C4000. I took thousands of pictures with the Olympus and thought it took great picts. I have received many compliments. Now compaired to the s9000 those c4000 shots look rather poor. The resolution and lens are so great that when I reduce the size down to 1600 x 1200 for posting here I notice loss of detail when viewed side by side on screen at the same size. In the photo of this cat the what you can't see are the little spects of dust that were reflecting the light of the flash. The dust specks were smaller than the pixel size at 1600 x 1200 and consequently the blurred out and don't show up very well. I notice this in other photos as well. So much for 9MP being over kill on screen. At 5 mp I see it as well but it's not so obvious.
Attached Images

tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:42 AM   #697

The same was true in this pict with light reflecting off the snow on the distant branches. Also there is so much JPG compression to get it under 250K that there are artifacts in the sky that are absent in the original.
Attached Images

tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:45 AM   #698

Hi dijkx, Really, really nice photos - I swear the street scene is exactly replicated in a gamemy son has, Medal of Honour, right down to the entrance on the left,doorways on right, lamposts, etc. Had to share that - really found it wierd when I saw it! Like the harbour shot as well - wish we had snow here sometimes as it just seems to create such a wonderful setting.

Welcome back Monza - good to have you around again.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:50 AM   #699

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
Hi dijkx, Really, really nice photos - I swear the street scene is exactly replicated in a gamemy son has, Medal of Honour, right down to the entrance on the left,doorways on right, lamposts, etc. Had to share that - really found it wierd when I saw it! Like the harbour shot as well - wish we had snow here sometimes as it just seems to create such a wonderful setting.

Welcome back Monza - good to have you around again.
Could be true, in the Second World War there was a lot of fighting nearby. According to my wife (She is a South African) there was snow in RSA a long time ago. I'm happy I took the shot yesterday because today everything has disappeared. But you are right everyting looks so nice when is has snowed

A happy newyear to all of you

More "snowy" pics in my blog at:
http://www.dijkxhoorn2.blogspot.com
http://www.dijkx.nl

Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:25 AM   #700

Thanks dijkx and may 2006 bring everything you wish for - you married very wisely, everybody knows we have the most beautiful women in the world
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote