Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:50 AM   #701

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
Thanks dijkx and may 2006 bring everything you wish for - you married very wisely, everybody knows we have the most beautiful women in the world
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 9:18 AM   #702

Well, I have ushered in the New Year in a big way. I took wedding pictures for friends of ours.

I will wait to see them and ask if it is alright with them before I post any. I am happy with a number of pictures. But I still feel like I have jumped into the deep end after such a long absence from photography. The main thing is that there are some usable photos and they got them done at the best price. The cost of a dinner and a number of drinks.

The real scary thing though is that someone wanted to know if I could take their wedding pictures in August. My best response was to ask them to view the pictures from tonight before asking me again. LOL So they might not ring back:-)!

My major challenge of the night was the flower girl. She was adamant that did not want her picture taken and was not going to smile. Thankfully I got 1 decent shot of her.

On that note, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. May your year be full of happiness, keep your cameras at the ready and may your batteries never go flat at the wrong time!:-D
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:47 AM   #703

unfortunately it was such bad weather in my town that I did not go out for those snowy pictures lots of wind and heavy snowfall did not encourage me enough to get my camera for a walk...

Also I did not have the opportunity to make pix of the fireworks at newyearseve, I hope to do that another time (30th april for example, on Dutch Queen's day when the birthday of our Queen is celebrated).

I wish everyone a succesfull and healthy 2006 and beyond. Keep snapping! :-)
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:51 AM   #704

though not taken with the S9500 which did not exist at that date, I'd still like to share these 2 pix with you. Made with an P&S HP735 3mp camera, from tripod , 2 secs exposure. Taken early 2005.

proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:37 AM   #705

dijkx

I used the "Image-Rotate" feature and then the "Image-Transform-Distort" feature in Photo Shop Elements to adjust the perspective in yout picture. Check out http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=89 for more examples.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:54 PM   #706

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
dijkx

I used the "Image-Rotate" feature and then the "Image-Transform-Distort" feature in Photo Shop Elements to adjust the perspective in yout picture. Check out http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=89 for more examples.

Ira
Thanks Ira I'm certainly going to try it.

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:25 AM   #707

I just got my S9500, test a few shots with this camera's macro shot and the usefulness of 90 degree tiltable LCD monitor. My camera is fitted with Hoya UV -Guarad filter. There is lens flare! Please comment. Thanks
Attached Images

hazarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:27 AM   #708

second photo, behind the bushes
Attached Images

hazarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:49 AM   #709

Well here is my first photo I have shot in RAW with the S9500. Please let me know what you think and how I could improve.
Attached Images

shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:36 PM   #710

Hello everyone,

I have just joined the forum and wish you all a happy New Year.

I atach one of severalhanheld photographs taken on 1st January with my S9000, at the 35mmm equivalent of 617mm.
Attached Images

Pampa is offline   Reply With Quote