Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:13 PM   #771

Hey FujiNoGood,

I think you are fooling yourself if you think you are going to have any impact at all on anything at the Fuji corporate level. You are complaining about an obsolete camera that is no longer in production. The company isn't even thinking about it anymore. Your camera is out of warranty. It's unrealistic for you to expect anything to be done in your behalf. Face it. Digital photography is a disposable commodity. The technology is changing so rapidly that as soon as a new model is introduced everyone is looking to see what will be available and better in the next model. If it makes you feel better to complain here, and to try to stir up a little trouble at Fuji, go ahead. But I think you are beating on a dead horse.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:21 PM   #772

FNG said:

"The only reason I bought a digital camera was to reduce the environmental impact of my family's photography. "

I you're so concerned about your fellow man, why don't you stop wasting this site's valuable bandwith, and making everyone here ill with your incessant whining? Face it - you bought a cheap, piece of crap digicam, you got a couple of years of use out of it, and now it's toast. Have it bronzed, place it on your mantle and make a shrine to corporate greed out of it. At least that way, it can't find it's way into your rivers and streams and wipe out the few remaining natterjack toads.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:49 PM   #773

And your response somehow conserves bandwidth? Corporate greed and waste only happen because people let it. I guess you're willing to drink whatever fluids they place in your mouth...
FujiNotGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:53 PM   #774

Koolaid, that is, before you get all bent out of shape,,,
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:09 PM   #775

"I guess you're willing to drink whatever fluids they place in your mouth..."

What is that supposed to mean?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:23 AM   #776

Corporate Koolaid - you drink it, and think exactly like they want you to think. It's a low stress way to live, and as long as all you care about is your own interests, it makes sense. On the other hand, if you care enough to look at the broader impact of your actions, you start to realize that predictably acting like an isolated individual consumer leads to collective insanity - i.e. - landfills full of disposable consumer electronics. Some day, maybe you'll get tired of being misled, and then maybe you'll just shake your head when others don't get it yet. Until then, just enjoy yourself....
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:02 AM   #777

You need to seek professional help...you are not well.

the Hun

Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:44 AM   #778

No, my friend, We are not well...
Old Oct 19, 2006, 9:44 AM   #779

FNG... I bleed with you on these moral corporate issues. But this is not the place to discuss this interesting issue. Start a thread on this elsewhere and we can all debate the sins of the corporate world.

bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 9:58 AM   #780

Amen!!!!
MamawB is offline   Reply With Quote