Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 29, 2005, 1:40 PM   #1

Having seem a great deal on 2.2GB microdrive (for the same price as a 1GB compact flash card) I just want to check that there is no maximum card size the s602 supports (of if there is that it's bigger than this limit ).

I've read reports stating the s7000 only supports up to 2GB - is the s602 the same, or is this limit lower?
MrPogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2005, 6:19 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with the 602 but a good place to check is the Fuji web site. I seem to recall a chart of cameras and card compatibility. The 602 is "old" in terms of digital cameras so I wouldn't expect it to be compatable with the new large format media. But it might be worth a check.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:35 AM   #3

Hmm, doesn't seem to help. The "manual" only mentions up to 1GB Microdrives, but that was the biggest size that existed at the time, so doesn't necessarily mean it won't work with one bigger :?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:15 AM   #4

Hi,

FYI I have a S602 Zoom and have just purchased a 2.2Gb Compact Flash II card and it works just fine. To be honest I didn't even consider it not to work!

Hope this is useful?

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:50 PM   #5

Thanks, that does indicate the Microdrive should work fine.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:56 PM   #6

I have a 2.2 gb Compactflashin my 602 for past 2 years.Works fine.
cock3tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:57 PM   #7

I think that Fuji play it safe when quoting usable memory card sizes - I have a finepix mx1700 zoom which the manual quotes as the largest (SM) card it will take is 64mb - I have used 128mb cards ok for years - also have a 602zoom pro which will take just about anything you throw at it!

having said that it is advisable to only buy the highest spec card ( speed wise) that you can find - it really does make a difference when saving large tiff files!

DG
Durham George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 3:10 PM   #8

Hi,

Another FYI, I am having trouble with my MagicStor 2.2gb CF Type 2 card. I have a602 zoom. It would appear that if I change any setting on the camera then take a photo when i try to preview the pictures it reports a read error!

I notice that somebody has mentioned that they are using a large card in a 602 - have you had any problems with data loss?

Woudl appreciate any feedback.

Regards,

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:49 PM   #9

Try formatting the card in the camera, take a couple pictures and see if they are readable in your computer's card reader. If they're not readable in the card reader, it's probably just a bad card.

Another thing you could do is look in the card slot and see if you notice any bent pins.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:14 PM   #10

DomCotton wrote:
Quote:
I am having trouble with my MagicStor 2.2gb CF Type 2 card. I have a602 zoom. It would appear that if I change any setting on the camera then take a photo when i try to preview the pictures it reports a read error!
I've used 2GB cards for years (and many others have too). I used to use a 4GB card (all Ridata) and even though I could not get it formatted to use all 4GB (didn't try that hard), It filled to 2GB perfectly and I never had any issues.
Like others say .. try formatting IN camera a couple times, or on a PC if that fails. Is the card ok in a card reader?
JKirk

jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote