Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:32 AM   #1

I just got a new S5100 and was going through the setup, when I get to the CCD-RAW I cannot change the setting to ON. When I arrow through to the setting, it does not highlight the current value ("OFF") like it does for the other settings. It appears like it has been disabled or something. Perhaps there is some other setting I need to change first. I cannot find anything in the manual, on the FUJI website, or on the web in general so I am hoping someone knows something. I emailed Fuji's support but have not gotten a response (but that was sent just today).

Everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks...
Fun E Photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2005, 6:25 AM   #2

Fun,

I couldn't duplicate your problem on my camera. Have you changed any settings on your camera? If you have, try resetting them back to their default values and try again.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 2:39 PM   #3

When I first tried it the only thing I had changed was the date and time. I tried changing some other things afterwards to see if that helped (nothing did). I also tried resetting it, but I still could not change that setting. I am now trying to reset it by letting it sit without batteries or A/C. Hopefully that will change something.

Thanks, Steve
Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:09 PM   #4

Draining the battery will be like starting over. After a while you will have to reset the time date etc.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:32 PM   #5

Check to make sure your USB mode is set to DSC (PC mode). It's the only option that allows RAW data.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 12:55 PM   #6

I made sure that USB was set to talk to the PC (I even plugged it in and confirmed it worked) but it still did not allow me to change RAW to on. I also tried changing it to other settings and changing it back.

Resetting it by removing the power (so even the date was cleared) did not help either...it was the first thing I tried once I put the batteries back in it.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:09 PM   #7

Pulling the batteries does not clear all the settings that you may have made. Have you tried to do a camera reset? That should set all options to the factory default (except the date, language, video). Also make sure you haven't sellected 4M-F. There's a note in the manual but it's not clear if this defeats RAW. Other than that, I don't know what else to try. I can't duplicate the problem on mine.

When you do the reset, make sure you follow the instructions. There's a two-step verification before the camera resets. If you "OK" too soon, it's not done.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 1:21 AM   #8

I made sure 4M-F was not selected. I have done the reset a couple of times, but perhaps I am not doing it correctly.

I arrow through so reset is selected and then I right arrow on it. It asks me to confirm or cancel. I confirm. The camera goes dark for about 2 seconds and then starts back in the display pictures mode.

I just thought to change something (the volume) and do the reset...the volume was reset so I believe I am doing it correctly.

Hopefully Fujifilm support will get back to me soon...hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for all you suggestions.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:16 AM   #9

I don't know if this could be the source of the problem. But when shooting in RAW format, the ISO will only go to 200. The ISO 400 is not an option for RAW shooting. Have you by any chance set the ISO to 400, and is it possible that this is preventing you from activating the RAW option? I honestly don't know. I don't have my camera with me at work today.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:19 PM   #10

One other item came to mind. Is there anything on your memory card and is it formated correctly (in camera)? Not enough space may defeat it. ...??? I'm about RAW'ed out otherwise. Sorry we couldn't help more. It is a strange one.

:?