Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 16, 2003, 11:43 AM   #1

Default Anyone using SimpleTech CF Type I in s602???

My camera keeps giving me a card error and need to be able to find out if it's an incompatability issue or the camera's bad. The card works in a Canon camera (tried it at the store where I bought the card - the only CF card they sell is SimpleTech). I could go to a bigger store where they have more of a CF selection, but I mail ordered the camera and I'm not expecting most stores to be that helpful with trying out several different types of CF cards that haven't been used yet. I am also pressed for time because there's a short time limit on returning merchandise.

I tried formatting it in the camera and it starts (an hourglass pops up) but then it goes back to the Card Error message or a Card Not Initialized message.

It's a SimpleTech Type I (the thin kind) 128Mb card. Anyone know for sure if this is supposed to work in my camera?
aero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2003, 3:02 PM   #2

Aero23... suggestion, why not change the heading for your post to 'what CF card are you using in your Fuji S602'....... I'm just off to try my new microdrive, arrived today- Regards, VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 3:50 PM   #3

I'm just looking for some quick answers - I know this particular card itself works - if someone else uses the same card in their s602 then there's a really good chance the camera's bad. But you're right, and I am also curious as to which ones are known to work. Pretty silly that it has to be that way but oh well...
Old Jan 16, 2003, 5:45 PM   #4

I often wonder about memory branding. You can get a number of different card brands, but the memory itself is sourced from a relatively small number of manufacturers. The same brand may use more than one manufacturer for memory supply.

Now I know with DRAM you can get little proggies wot can read a header built into the device (and believe me it's there, with size, speed, maker code and array format).

PS my microdrive is working great - 841pics at 3Mpix Fine!
Old Jan 16, 2003, 5:52 PM   #5

I envy you... I had to buy a new computer to be able to use this new camera (camera was a gift), and my car is in the shop with $1000 worth of work being done to it. Nope, can't afford a microdrive for quite some time. I'm screwed.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 6:43 PM   #6

What about a sell or swap on Ebay for SM? There are plenty frightened by SM going out of fashion (might be a few here!) who might do a swap if they've got other cams.

Can anybody help this guy?
Old Jan 16, 2003, 7:13 PM   #7
NHL

Quote:
PS my microdrive is working great - 841pics at 3Mpix Fine!
That's only the camera estimate when you first pop the drive in, as the drive fill up with pictures (as they are not all @ the max file size)... the camera will readjust the final count to be much higher!

On the D7's for example the original estimate is only around ~420, but one can usually goes all the way pass 600 shots @ full resolution...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2003, 3:13 AM   #8

That's even better than I thought then - that the drive might get fragmented (but I won't let it) and I get less pics and slower speed!