Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 25, 2003, 11:46 PM   #1

Default Date & Time

Hello I just bought a Fujifilm 2650 and was wondering how do you set it up so it shows on the picture what date the picture was taken? Thank you ahead of time for anyone's help

Mike
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2003, 10:54 AM   #2

My 602 doesn't 'burn in' date and time. I guess the reason is, once it's there you can't in future easily get rid of it. However, your camera will output the date and time and all the cam settings used when the shot was taken. If your pics are still in the cam, this data can often be read in replay mode.

This bit of data inside the jpeg file, is called EXIF data and can be read with an EXIF viewer and some photo software like PhotoShop/ACDSee/PhotoImpact. Some print programmes can take this data and put it on the print. I also think some print firms like Walmart can print this data on the back of a print.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 1:30 PM   #3

Default Fujifilm 2650

I use photoshop to do allot of resizing and ect ect. But I just would like to have the date stamp in one of the corners on the front of the image that's all.. I'm sure it can do it but not sure how to that's all. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated

Mike
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 6:32 AM   #4

Hi all, I've revived the original thread because this question was bugging me, and I now have a better answer.

To mark prints with date and time the info should preferably come from the EXIF header, not the MS file creation info. This means the photo editor must have comprehensive EXIF reader functions (most don't).

However, the excellent Exifer viewer has a watermark facility allowing you to select any individual item of EXIF data (Date/time/ISO/ shutter etc etc,) and burn it onto a JPEG image. You can select font size and transparency. Even better, you can do this in batch mode! Even more better - you can save the whole of the EXIF data as a text file!!

This is an excellent prog, all credit to the author, check it out if you haven't already:

http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote