Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 2, 2005, 8:23 AM   #1

Yo folks,
For any aussie that are Interested, www.centre.net.au has the S9500 in stock at app oz$842 +GST I've bought a lot of stuff from them before, so I can vouch they're ok.
They also have true International warranties (often replacement), which is handy.
If I can get the service manual and spares from Fuji, I may just grab one to see if they finally fixed issues with past models (S4900-S7000).
JKirk

jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2005, 5:49 PM   #2

Thanks, it's actually a good price as I would not have to pay the VAT and if I can avoid the UK customs :evil:

gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 6:35 PM   #3

Good luck with your new S9500 camera.

Can you set it on forced flash mode and take a couple of shots to see how long the internal flash re-cycles and before permittingyou to take your next shot?

I read that it took 7 seconds to re-cycle. Is this accurate? Please report your findings.

Thank you, Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:25 PM   #4

It takes nowhere near that amount of time. I took a couple of forced flash photos at 9MP Fine (in auto mode) just to check for you. It took approximately 2 seconds for the camera to be ready for the next forced flash photo.

What could have taken close to 7 seconds is if the shots were taken in RAW format.

This is accurate if using an XD card, but has nothing to do with flash.

The speed of an XD card is 3MB/sec and so a RAW photo which would be close to 19MB would then take close to 7 seconds to record to media. I have yet to test if a faster CF card (say 80x - 12MB/sec) would lower this time. Will report here when I get one soon.
s9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 1:18 PM   #5

Did you experience this "blank screen phenomenon" between 2 pictures (not sure if occured only with flash) reported by some early users?

Thanks
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 2:27 PM   #6

No blank screen. By the way there is a setting that gives you a choice whether to display the shot you just took for 1.5 secs, 3 secs or none. Not sure if this is what you mean.
s9500 is offline   Reply With Quote