Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 7, 2005, 4:09 PM   #1

To makethis short I bought a lens from a company that is not willing to help me with my problem.I was shipped in a sealed fuji boxthe lens is a fuji TL-FX9 The adpter ring fit's thelens but not my camera I did some calling around stores in my townI came up with astep down adapter ring that will that fit my adapter tube and it is 52mm to a 55mm will this work on my camera I have a s5100.willthis keep the camera from focusing right and is it this step down ring going to take care of my problem sizewise52mm to 55mm will this size fit my camera? I guess what am asking is this the size of my camera lens 52mmI hope some one will helpwith this problem. thanksRONMAC
dusty #3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2005, 4:44 PM   #2

If I am not mistaken your s5100 is 55mm so your adapter if it fits a 55mm then it should work why not try it first? It should not affect your ability to focus. I hope this helps.
outhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:09 AM   #3

You are supposed to screw the lens directly onto the plastic AR-FX5A adapter ring/barrel cover that came with the camera. The barrel/adapter that comes with the lens is not intended for the 5100 - check theprinted instructions on the bottom of the box. I've got exactly the same and it works very well indeed.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:47 AM   #4

dusty #3 wrote:
Quote:
To makethis short I bought a lens from a company that is not willing to help me with my problem.I was shipped in a sealed fuji boxthe lens is a fuji TL-FX9 The adpter ring fit's thelens but not my camera I did some calling around stores in my townI came up with astep down adapter ring that will that fit my adapter tube and it is 52mm to a 55mm will this work on my camera I have a s5100.willthis keep the camera from focusing right and is it this step down ring going to take care of my problem sizewise52mm to 55mm will this size fit my camera? I guess what am asking is this the size of my camera lens 52mmI hope some one will helpwith this problem. thanksRONMAC
Me confused. :?

Dusty,

could you please write a diagram for us? :idea:

Cheers
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:18 AM   #5

Hi again Gaul, What Dusty is trying to explain is this;

The 5100 comes with a plastic shroud that protects the zoom barrel and doubles as a hood & a 48mm to 55mm adapter. This shroud/hood/adapter call it what you will, screws directly into the camera body over the zoom barrel. Fuji recommend that you keep it on at all times in order to protect the lens& zoom barrel and to receive 55mm filters/teleconversion lenses.

The metal adapter ring/barrel that comes with the Teleconversion lens is 52mm thread& therefore does not fit the 5100 body, hence the instructions on the lens boxto screw the lens directly onto the stock shroud.

Hope that all makes sense?!! Basically you discard the adapter that comes with the lens if you are using a 5100, because it is intended for other cameras with a 52mm body thread.

Steve
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:59 AM   #6

Thanks for all your help I now understand why I need the adapter that was not with the cammera when i bought it It was the last one they add it was a display model but this price was so good thatI bought it 165.00. I just talk to fuji and they are going to sent be the adapter for no cost.Thanks again for all your help

ronmac

dusty #3 is offline   Reply With Quote