Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 3, 2006, 6:58 PM   #91

Focus Man wrote:
Quote:
Bomber1, just looked at your sample image posted 2nd Nov, that is a disgrace, you have every right to complain about the S9500 if thats what it is turning out. Good luck mate, you need that sorting out.

Yes send it back but only after checking that you are focusing it correctly and keeping the camera still with a tripod or bean bag or even just placed on a suitable firm surface - also use a cable release or the self-timer. If the problem is fixed by correct focusing or keeping the camera still you will have saved yourself the trouble of sending the camera back (and also experiencing the same problems on other cameras).

programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 8:20 PM   #92

no ime not affended by anything anyone says , and i appreciate all the feed back! in fact thank you very much, i am doing every thing right , it beeps to say its focused, its not on manual, and my supplier says very sorry will replace it and he will pay postage both ways !! cant get fairer than that, but i dont know if i want another one ? will see.

thanks again for your comments , bob.
bomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 8:43 PM   #93

just something else i thought of, there should not be a forum on whether you have a good 9/5 or a dud one! because a bad camera should not exist if Fuji got there quality control right? and there are issues with this camera that you don't hear about with other models/makes , and why has the 9100 9/6 been introduced ? probably to address these issues.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:38 PM   #94

Bob, your absolutely right, I think the same and why is it only certain serial numbers seem to be at fault.

I hope you get sorted out, because I was planing getting shut of mine this coming summer and getting a Nikon SLR Digital, but since its repair I have nothing but praise for it and will definately be keeping it now.

Would your deeler not do you a swap for the S9600 and maybe you pay the difference in price, I suspect it would be perfect then.

Ian
Focus Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:39 PM   #95

Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:11 PM   #96

hi ian

i have had dslr s and they all have been better than bridge camers, (no surprises there ) and all this changing back to bridge was i didn't want to carry at least 2 lenses about plus a body all the time, and i was looking back at shots taken with an fz20 and surprising my self at how good they looked at long range compared to a Sony alpha with a 300 ml lens ! so i sold it and bought an fz50 ( ebay bobstunner )" don't laugh" !! after reading forums i thought i will sell that and jump on the 9/5 thing , better low light ect, well i don't like this thing at all, i think it is one of a bad batch and the supplier will exchange it but I'm going to get him to send me something else i think , your right i should have had a faster shutter speed , but its not just that, there is something not right about it?

regards bob
Attached Images

Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:31 PM   #97

Hi Bob, was the red arrows taken with your 9500 as this looks quite good ?

Ian
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:55 PM   #98

hi ian

no mate it was with a 300d at 300ml just proving i could get focas right!! ha ha

or near as dammed.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:30 AM   #99

Hi,

Geez I wish I'd seen that Canon kit you sold on ebay I'd have swapped you my 'non dud' 9500 for it:shock:. I reckon if I could've afforded a dslr there's no way I'd be using the Fuji. My interest's are macro's of insects and stuff, and wildlife. Neither of which really suits the Fuji. But I had to watch those pennies. Now if anyone else out there wants to get rid of their dslr kit to buy a 9500....you know what to do!!!!! LOL

bob_leitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 10:59 PM   #100

that 300d was a good camera! ive taken some good pikkys with that , i think the problem with me is i get fed up with things too quickly and resell them , then go and buy something else , must br mad !