Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:07 PM   #21

Better hurry up razzlemutt...Phaedra has just about convinced me to buy the Fuji!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:20 PM   #22

Don't rush out and buy one just yet!, more testing to do tomorrow, if the flash pictures are any indicationthen surely the outdoor shotsshould be a lot better than the Panasonics, but todays tests showed just the opposite. I'll take more shots tomorrow if it's nice and sunny (raining at the moment!).

Based on the quality of the FZ1v2's images I would have bought the FZ30 without questionbut nearly every review I've read on it mentions the amount of noise, had the Fuji not been available I would have bought the FZ5 which is around £200 less than the Fuji and does produce outstanding pictures, take a look in the Panasonic forum for examples
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:16 PM   #23

Phaedra,

Those big, beautiful eyes in your flash pic were telling me to buy the Fuji...

Maybe you could post a couple of identical low-light pics...I don't think the manufacturer of large format film cameras/tester of all cameras is going to post any meaningful comparison photos, as promised.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:51 PM   #24

I'm leaning toward the Fuji as well. In fact I'd go so far as to say that the close up on the face taken with the Panasonic is downright unacceptable quality, the Fuji pretty much just makes fun of the Panasonic comparing those two photos. As someone who already owns an S5000 and is used to how it operates, I don't think the Panasonic will be as good a camera. I'm with Rinnie on this one.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:32 AM   #25

Just wondering why we are now comparing a 2MP FZ1 to a 9 MP Fuji? There is obviously no comaparison, (or is there?). Here`s the FZ30`s look at a scene (12x zoom).
Attached Images

razzledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:38 AM   #26

Now for the dismal attempt at the same subject! Smaller 10x doesn`t cut it, image is softer and what`s happened to the white brickwork`s detail? I`ve shownprospective customersthese shots and they are amazed. Maybe this explains the Fuji`s overnight price drop?
Attached Images

Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:41 AM   #27

I'm just just comparingwhat I have to hand. The FZ1v2 can produce outstanding shots way beyond the quality I would expect from a 2mp, I was so impressed I sold my 5mp Minolta!. It's flash performance is not great but I was using the example to show just how much more detail the Fuji should capture, the thing that I'm more concerned about is the normal daylight shots, in all the shots I took yesterday the Panasonic had better definition/clarity, maybe because of the IS system, today I'll try some mid zoom range and watch the shutter speed (something I never do with the Panasonic!) and post the results later this morning.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:47 AM   #28

Maybe check the lack of detail in the tree? This is one of my many attempts to knock off the Panasonic.......... believe me if a serious competitor comes along I`ll be one of the first to change brands, but for over two years, it simply hasn`t happened. I don`t think a sane person would buy a 9500 after viewing comparitive pics from the mighty FZ1. It was an excellent camera for its limited pixels and could maybe still outshoot the Fuji in certain conditions. One thing is for sure, its battery will outlast 4 AA`s!

Cheers, guys, whatever suits you, go for it. My biggest problem is choosing between ablackorsilver Pana.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:57 AM   #29

Razzledog, see you Monday in the "Panny" canteen!?
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:31 AM   #30

razzledog wrote:
Quote:
Now for the dismal attempt at the same subject! Smaller 10x doesn`t cut it, image is softer and what`s happened to the white brickwork`s detail? I`ve shownprospective customersthese shots and they are amazed. Maybe this explains the Fuji`s overnight price drop?
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post here, to bad its because of this.
Just ordered my S9500 and as I was checking other owners opinions I came across this topic.

Raxxlegod, one time I went to a photo shop and asked for a Neutral Graduaded Filter, the guy looked at me for 5 sec and asks "Is that to shoot under water?"

My point is, do you now what you are doing? Came on, this is not the way you should test a camera.
The Panasonic pic was shoot at 1/125 - 5.6 - ISO 80
The Fuji pic was shoot at 1/170 - 4.9 - ISO 100

Why dont you try manual mode, same numbers, same metering and resize the Fuji pic correctly. After that go to iso 400 and do it again. Print everything big and them show the pics to your costumers.

Stay focus everyone.
AleX-r- is offline   Reply With Quote