Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:35 AM   #31

Wha` d `yer say now Rhinni? I always put my mouth where my money is! If you need any more pics, just let me know. Cheers, mate!.
razzledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:41 AM   #32

OK, enoughs enough

The Fujis going back to Dabs. Best results this morning were with 1/3 to 1/2 stopunder exposure, anything above gives burn out on strong whites. I've been very careful with these shots and in every case the Fuji images are just soft and lacking in detail, I know the FZ1 is an excellent camera but surely a 9mp image should look at least as goodas if not better?.

Here are the results, these are the 3 shots that the Fuji performed best on, there are more shots but in those the Fuji ddidn't even come close to the Panasonic. Picture posting order will be Fuji then Panasonic.

phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:01 AM   #33

The guyobviously didn`t have over 50 years experience in all things photographic. The fact that the test cameras both did their own thing hadeverything to do with the end result. Lens sharpness is the maincriteria for overall performance, in the case of the Leica, it quite outshines the Fuji. ( I mean f4.9 is rather ridiculous compared to f2.8) If you are content with soft images, fine, I don`t mind, but I spend all day trying to advise newbies what image quality is all about. I`m not in the photographic game for a laugh, I take it very seriously.Any ISO selection the cameras adopted had little to do with it, so did theshutter speed, especiallywith Mega OIS. Most customers depend on the camera`s ability to get it right and don`t wish to frig with the f stops and shutter speeds to try and achieve a decent pic. You`ll have to simply accept the fact that theFZ30 is far better! Perhapsyou might test both cameras?

There seems to be more Fuji95ers here than Panaheads,oddly enough.

(That`s razzledog, not raxxlegod, please don`t get that wrong as well)
razzledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:11 AM   #34

My main concern is the difference between the indoor flash shots and the outdoor shots. All the flash shots are very crisp with excellent detail but take the camera into the daylight and the image quality seriousy drops, if the outdoor shots looked as good as the indoor shots I'd be a very happy bunny

Dabs return system tells me I can't return it under the DSR (which is against the law) so I'm either in for a long battle with them or it'll end up on Ebay!.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:21 AM   #35

razzledog wrote:
Quote:
There seems to be more Fuji95ers here than Panaheads,oddly enough.

(That`s razzledog, not raxxlegod, please don`t get that wrong as well)

Hello Raxxlegod, heu razzledog, it could be because you are on a Fuji forum...

Most members are not fanatic about their brand and most of us are just surprised to see how fanatic you are about a particular brand.

See you on Monday in the Panasonic canteen! I like their starters!

On a serious note, your posts are welcome when you compare cameras on the SAME picture. Thanks for that.

gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:36 AM   #36

AleX-r- wrote:
Quote:
My point is, do you now what you are doing? Came on, this is not the way you should test a camera.
The Panasonic pic was shoot at 1/125 - 5.6 - ISO 80
The Fuji pic was shoot at 1/170 - 4.9 - ISO 100

Why dont you try manual mode, same numbers, same metering and resize the Fuji pic correctly. After that go to iso 400 and do it again. Print everything big and them show the pics to your costumers.

Alex, Razzle has a point in that AUTO mode is also important and therefore pictures taken with AUTO mode should also be compared.

The Fuji can take nice pictures in MANUAL mode.

See nice macro taken w. S9000 (but MANUAL modeI guess):

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7

Landscapes: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=16&page=4

But as we are not all pro photographers... I am not we also need a camera good at taking pics in AUTO mode!

gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 7:40 AM   #37

Quote:
Here are the results, these are the 3 shots that the Fuji performed best on, there are more shots but in those the Fuji ddidn't even come close to the Panasonic. Picture posting order will be Fuji then Panasonic.
Nearly all s9000 images you've posted so far are overexposed.
nymano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 8:54 AM   #38

here is an example of the purple fringing problem on FUJI S9500...

photo of a Radio Mast at FULL resolution and cropped to 500 %, reduced image size to 6 x 5 inches and 300 ppi, then saved to Jpg and optimized to 25 %,

** i hope FUJI can fix the problem with a Firmware update as the camera seems really nice (for the money !!) otherwise.
Attached Images

stugolduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 9:41 AM   #39

stugolduk wrote:
Quote:
here is an example of the purple fringing problem on FUJI S9500...

photo of a Radio Mast at FULL resolution and cropped to 500 %, reduced image size to 6 x 5 inches and 300 ppi, then saved to Jpg and optimized to 25 %,

** i hope FUJI can fix the problem with a Firmware update as the camera seems really nice (for the money !!) otherwise.
After this i can only say:

Do you guys print your pics? Or do you just shoot everything you see and look at the pics on your screen at 500%?

Do you imagine the size of that print?

To realy test your cam, shot something the right way, post process it (thats right, even DSLRs pics need P.P.) and them print it. Only than you can see if the cam is good or not. This goes for all cam's..
AleX-r- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:05 AM   #40

If the first shot was taken with the FZ1v2 on board flash, then this is NOT a fair comparison. It is well known that the ob flash on FZ1v2 is very weak! (I have one) It just comes down to which camera you prefer and can afford to purchase!
Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote