Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:29 PM   #51

Here's a link to some low light images shot with the S9500.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...2&changemode=1
B1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:41 PM   #52

That's what I'm talking about...by the way, interesting article you posted there, Gaul...I wonder if phaedra read it.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:55 AM   #53

Well Winnie the Pooh, here`s a couple of comparisons to go on with. I guess if you are unable to provide any test shots ofANY cameras, I`ll have to do it. Over the next few days this will see you glued to the monitor, but that maybe nothing new?

Cheers, Mate. A little less bagging might prove endearing?
Attached Images

razzledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:58 AM   #54

C`mon I`m sure you can think of more names to call me? Here`s more pics for you to drool over. When I grt time and the weather`s nice perhaps some landscapes?
Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:07 AM   #55

So far it seems we have a situation where there`s a trade off. With both cameras set at ISO 400 in failing evening light, more sharpnes more noise, less noise softer image!

Tomorrow will see more tests, while the Hun sleeps.
Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:28 AM   #56

Thanks for nice shots Doggy
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 10:44 AM   #57

An excellent comparison and fair evaluation so far, except for the lack of EXIF and lower light comparison.
Low light handheld of moving and non moving subjects will be the major test for me.
In terms of noise the outcome appears obvious. Still very interesting to us all. Its a shame they can't share their better traits.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:12 PM   #58

Here` another couple for you. For this I shot both cameras at shutter 1/200th ISO 100, from the same Manfrotto tripod. Both shots are similar sized insets from larger images.

More to come Mr Hun.
Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:25 PM   #59

I guess after testing these two for several hours, certain things came to light. Left to their own devices, the Fuji tends to slightly underexpose, whereas the Pana tends to slightly overexpose. Bracketing is therefore neccessary on both for top results. I think what does it for me is the extra zoom stretch of the FZ30, which is the biggest reason for buying it in the first place. The Fuji obviously wins out in the noise/lowlight situation, but the Pana clearly outperforms the 9500 in lens sharpness and longer zoom. Perhaps the new Samsung might shame them both, but at 15x zoom without image stabiliser (so I hear) that will be an even more interesting comparison. I also ran these testsalongsidemy oldFZ10, which is probably unfair as it`s only 4mp, but it still pulled up well against the heavies!

I trust Mr Hun, these comparisonsare up to your expectations.

The Agfa shots below were taken, tripod mounted at aperture priority (f8) at a distance of exactly 20feet on a sunny Sunday morning here in Melbourne.

Cheers.
Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:42 PM   #60

That`s 'f eight' at 20 feet. Some smiling Emoticon got in the way. Here`s the two contenders in person.
Attached Images