Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 14, 2006, 5:34 PM   #81

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
This post died and was buried 7 months ago - it should have been left that way.

Phaedra sold her Fuji and bought an FZ30. She currently resides full time on the panny forum. Razzledog disappeared after his October 3rd, 2005 post, never to be heard of again. The Hun continues to be his miserable self.

the Hun

Hi,

I should have checked the dates, sorry. But having said that I still think it's valid to post the reply for any other prospective 9500 buyers who often only see the negative feedback that the camera has attracted and get to see the blurry/poor shots that some models have produced. I wanted to let people see that the 9500 is capable of a lot better than that - even in the hands of a beginner like myself.

Bob
bob_leitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 10:54 PM   #82

This is a good thread to help people make sound decisions between a couple of great cameras, glad the thread is still alive.

-aaron

www.postedpixels.com
Aaronss9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 9:22 AM   #83

i have just posted my fz50 ( that i bought a month ago ) and sold it because i thought it was too noisy!! and taken delivery this morning of a 9500 s/n

63uo3388 can any one tell me how to make the thing focus properly
bomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 5:05 AM   #84

this camera is a sack!!
Attached Images

Old Nov 1, 2006, 3:40 PM   #85

as much as i hate adding to a dead topic, i love my 9500. using it in full manual mode gives excellent results and pics in auto mode are nothing to sneeze at either. i think people are expecting the 9500 to act like a point n shoot when the simple matter is fuji designed it to be a alternative to an slr. while it does fall short of a true slr it is meant to be used as one, i noticed straight away i had to change my way of using the camera, my old methods of just snapping any old pic doesnt cut it, you need to compose the shot better make sure the focus is good and some post processing is almost a must. with these things in mind go out and try to enjoy the 9500 for what it is, not a point and shoot.
borrie869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 4:32 AM   #86

borrie!! 120/sec, f4.9, 67ml,iso 80, if thats the best a Fuji 9500 will do and everyone on this thread think that this picture is 9500 standards ! well i don't know!!

my camera that was delivered 2 days ago is not capable of focusing on anything ! i just sold an fz50 ( bought because i sold my a100 because i didn't want to carry a bag of lenses ) after reading forum thought the 9/5 would be better in low light!

there is a problem with my camera and to be honest i don't think the build quality is much to shout about either, will see what my supplier thinks of test shots and when he sends me a replacement for the faulty one Ive got here , i will then tell you what i think.
Attached Images

Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:09 AM   #87

Bomber,

From the pictures I have taken with my S9500 you should be seeing images that are far better than your 120th sec.JPG picture. Please don't be offended by this question but you don't have the camera set to manual focus and are not focusing it before you take the picture? The focus selection dial can be altered accidentally or (as I did recently) left on manual from a previous session - then if you are not paying full attention to what you are doing it is possible (at least for me) not to notice that the camera doesn't focus when you half press the shutter button.

Alternatively (I think I am correct in saying) that if you press the shutter down completely, rather than half-way, the camera skips the focus stage. I am currently at work and don't have my S9500 to hand. I know that my old HP 715 always focuses when you press the button straight down but I think the S9500 allows you to override the focusing stage - both approaches have their advantages.
programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:17 AM   #88

Hi,

Before giving up on this camera all together, it's worth checking if you've in fact got a dud. There are a few around. But the 9500 is a good camera (when it's not a dud!!!) I took this yesterday and while not exactly the same settings as your pic not too far off. And I'm happy with the results. To be fair I've had mine 10 months and have had my fair share of crap photos but I'd put that down to operating error on maybe 80% of them.

Give the camera a bit more time and go through the manual too and I bet you'll be a lot happier with the results (all assuming as I say, you haven't been unlucky to get a dud).

I've cropped and had to compress this to fit the web size allowed, but no post processing at all.
Attached Images

bob_leitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:53 AM   #89

According to the EXIF data, this photo was taken at full zoom, the equivalent of a 300 mm lens. The EXIF data indicates that there was an out of focus warning and a blur warning.

It is not practical to try to handhold a 300 mm telephoto shot at 1/120 sec.. A general rule to follow for MINIMUM handheld shutter speeds is 1/focal length. So that means that the minimum shutter speed you should consider for a photograph like this would be 1/300 sec.. That has nothing to do with this camera specifically. That is a general rule.

Send the camera back if you like. But I would try using a tripod and making sure the camera confirms the focus with the "be-beep". If the camera doesn't confirm, you can get results like this. Often I find that I have to change the framing a little before I can get the camera to confirm the focus.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 5:11 PM   #90

Bomber1, just looked at your sample image posted 2nd Nov, that is a disgrace, you have every right to complain about the S9500 if thats what it is turning out. Good luck mate, you need that sorting out.
Attached Images

Focus Man is offline   Reply With Quote