Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:31 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10
Default

I was wondering if anyone has a clue when the Fuji S9000 will be released. I heard early september? I contacted Fuji to no avail. I called a camera retailer such as Wolf and Ritz camera (by the way they are owned by the same company) and they informed me that they will not carry fuji products any longer(cameras that is) I would assume that if fuji will be releasing this camera they would get a test camera out to retailers so that people can actually hold the camera and test it out.

I am considering an Oly E300, here in the USA they are going for $759 with lens kit. Any thoughts about fuji are they always this way when releasing products just curious. I am anxious to see the camera and test it out and make a decision soon to seeif this is the camera I want. I posted this question in another forum, dpreview.com If anyone is able to share some info I would be delighted.
outhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:43 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,063
Default

Apparently you haven't been following some of the other discussions in this forum. Some people are now receiving their 9000 cameras. Read some of the other threads in this forum. Not really any need to start another one.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:52 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10
Default

jphess wrote:
Quote:
Apparently you haven't been following some of the other discussions in this forum. Some people are now receiving their 9000 cameras. Read some of the other threads in this forum. Not really any need to start another one.

My apologies, I am new here. I will search for those discussions. No need to be rude. I thought forums were for discussion and information. Geez..................




outhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,063
Default

I wasn't being rude.
Fact: I stated that you apparently hadn't read the other threads.
Fact: I suggested that you search through some of the other threads.
It really is a lot easier to direct someone to the other threads if the question has already been asked and answered. If my answer offended you, I'm afraid that is your problem because no offense was intended. When one of the threads about the 9000 has 10 pages of comments, don't you think it makes more sense to direct you to check such threads rather than try to summarize what was written?
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:06 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10
Default

jphess wrote:
Quote:
I wasn't being rude.
Fact: I stated that you apparently hadn't read the other threads.
Fact: I suggested that you search through some of the other threads.
It really is a lot easier to direct someone to the other threads if the question has already been asked and answered. If my answer offended you, I'm afraid that is your problem because no offense was intended. When one of the threads about the 9000 has 10 pages of comments, don't you think it makes more sense to direct you to check such threads rather than try to summarize what was written?
I understand. Iread those forums and most of the comments surrounded the technical aspects of the s9000. What I gathered was comparative analysis of the s9000 vs other prosumers. i read where some people received their S9500. I believe the s9500 is the same as 9000 but in different market, not the US market. I read that people were waiting for their s9000 here in the US.

The question I asked related to the release of the s9000 in the US market. I am aware that othershave pre-ordered their cams, but some retailers have posted dates asearly as October. I just wanted clarification if someone had a little more information about the s9000, that is all.I should have been more specific.Sure there are 10 pages but none addressed my specific question. I apologize if i started another thread that may or may not covered the same topic. I did not come here to give anyone a hard time. I am sorry.
outhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 5:23 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
gaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Outhere, it might be your name... :blah:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16specific post for S9000

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16S9000 vs. competition


Some members already have their S9500 (EU version). Seems that no S9000 in hands of US members yet.
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:34 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10
Default

gaul wrote:
Quote:
Outhere, it might be your name... :blah:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16specific post for S9000

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16S9000 vs. competition


Some members already have their S9500 (EU version). Seems that no S9000 in hands of US members yet.
Hey gaul, Thanks for the info. :blah:


outhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:38 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,063
Default

Well, it looks like (without even trying) I got myself off to a bad start in this discussion and I really didn't mean to offend. I checked with the place where I ordered my 5100, and they are still accepting pre-orders of the 9000. I have kind of lost track on the delivery status because I'm not going to be able to order one for awhile. It tears me apart knowing that I can't have one right now. It seems to be everything I would ever need in the camera. I would expect that you could start seeing delivery of the 9000 any day now.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:38 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
gaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 209
Default

jphess wrote:
Quote:
Well, it looks like (without even trying) I got myself off to a bad start in this discussion and I really didn't mean to offend.

jphess, you just had to say "No, sorry" :?

As the subject of the post was "No idea?" :G:blah:
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:57 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,063
Default

Yeah, I know.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:39 PM.