Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:08 AM   #11
ptg

Thanks again Rosie!
ptg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:44 PM   #12

Rosiei wrote:
Quote:
One of the features I am very impressed with is the natural light setting--It gives amazing photos indoors (in good light) without flash--lovely for animal and kids.

Rosie

Hi, I am also looking into this camera as one of my options (confused at the moment :?) But what do you mean in "good light" ? I thought the whole idea of having a higher ISO capability was that even in not so "good light" you'd be able to not use the flash and still get a decent picture ? Or am I even more confused being very amateur at this ? The camera is a bit on a pricey side at least at the moment, at this price level the other contenders for me are the Canon S80 as well as Panasonic LX1, these two seem to have an advantage of better wide angle. It would appear Panny has more noise than most, so the Canon would be the one I'd probably go with at this price range, unless I knew the low light performance of the E900 is much better....
henryd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 1:45 PM   #13

What I meant was that in ordinary room light.
This attached picture was taken with natural light setting at 11pm at night in a room lit by 2 x 60w bulbs.
I also considered the 2 cameras you quoted but the Fuji is faster and in my opinion a better all round camera . I looked and played around with all of them.
Please bear in mind the res of attached picture has been very reduced but apart from that untouched

Hope this helps

Rosie

Attached Images

Rosiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:11 PM   #14

Thank You Rosie.

Ok, so it would appear you are very satisfied with the camera so far. Since this shot of your dog is a close up I think I'm still not very sure how that relates to actual picture taking ofsay few people in a room of say 15x15 with those two 60W lights on from say 6-8 feet away. I know it might be asking too much, but would you be able to present a test picture like that ? No need for people in it, the doggy would be fine ;-)
henryd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:37 PM   #15

Hiya

Here you go just taken--Our room is about 15 x 13

Sorry about the untidy room:? and hubby:lol:

Rosie
Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:03 AM   #16
ptg

For me, I'm still in the midst of deciding the right camera:

1-Canon S70 or the S80
2-Finepix E900
3-Olympus SP350

I love the Canon's but I'm trying to break the pattern(I own several film & digial canons)¬*

The SP350 - Although a great camera, I was disappointed with the SP350 because I noticed a lot of noise in the shots seen in reviews and actual test shots I've taken.

About the E900, it finally arrived in my local electronics shop, J&R music word,¬* and¬* to my dismay, I again noticed the delayed LCD video response that I saw in the photo expo. I don't undertsand this,for such a well suited and some what pricey camera.

In the store I held side by side: the oly sp350 and the E900 and made several pan & tilting movements with both and the oly's lcd's were smooth and quick,like viewing a camcorders lcd. ( also observed the S80, canon A620, and the sony dsc-w7 and the response were all better than the fuji)

With the E900 the lcd view is similar to watching streaming view on the web: sometimes smooth, sometimes choppy, also choppy as I zoom in (yes, I had the digital zoom off).

Regretfully, this is the one thing that will probably keep me from buying this camera.

Rosie,

very nice pictures!

just a friendly reminder, can email me one or both of the camera original files?

BIG THANKS!
ptg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 7:28 AM   #17

Sorry I forgot ..yes I will send some files.

As for the LCD issue--I just can't understand that at all--mine is perfectly smooth just like a camcorder--I have never had a choppy view !!! Very weird

Rosie

Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:58 PM   #18

i took a look at the specs for the E900 after seeing this thread....

it appears to have many similarities to the S9000/9500... so they probably have the same sensor

due to several S9000/9500 having bad sensors causing unsharpness etc... it could be that some of the E900's also have the same problem... such as the one you tryed out in the shop
fabianfred is offline   Reply With Quote