Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 13, 2005, 3:32 PM   #1

Does anyone know when the new Fuji E900 will be available? Aside from the SD550 & S80, this camera has piqued my interest and I am eager to see how it does in the noise department.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:02 AM   #2

Justinian-

As of this past Monday, Amazon was quoting "...after October 20th..." as their shipping date on pre-orders.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 4:27 PM   #3

Hi

Just this evening bought the new Fuji E900 so only taken a few indoor flash pics and I can honestly say I am amazed at the quality of pics and build of the camera.
I will take some outdoor shots tomorrow and update you on my opinion.

Rosie

Rosiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:45 PM   #4
ptg

Rosie,can you tell me if the LCD display is in real-time? ie. quick and responsive like viewing a camcorder lcd display or a Canon SD500 or S80?I ask because when I checked out this camera last week at a recent photo expo in NYC,* the image through the LCD was very delayed and smeary.To me it was very distracting and it was hard to compose a shot.The guys at the Fuji booth could not fix this and they said it may not happen on the cameras thta will be sold to the public?I love everything about this camera but when i saw that I was really dissapointed.THANKS!
ptg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 5:29 AM   #5

Absolutely no smearing or delay at all--it is razor sharp and very responsive.
I have just shot several pics in bright sun shine and I am obviously playing arund with settings etc and I have also yet to buy a bigger card so I am very resticted, but so far I am really happy--there is little to no shutter delay which for my hobby is an absolute blessing.
Please feel free to ask any questions because I reckon I must be one of the first people to actually own one, as I couldn't find any feedback on the camera when I bought it.
But as the camera dealer has a 30 day returns policy I thought what the heck--I'll take it home and play with it--hence the reason for not having a bigger card yet.But so far it definitely looks like the camera will be staying

I'll try and post a pic later if I can
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:19 PM   #6
ptg

Thanks Rosie for checking into that.* Yes, you are my 1st source of experience with the E900 as I have found no reviews yet, so please let me know anything else you like / dislike about the camera.It would be great if you can post a high res. pic or even email me some at [email protected]HANKS again !!!Peter
Old Nov 2, 2005, 4:50 AM   #7

Hi Peter

Heres one I took yesterday outdoors.Resolution been dropped to allow it to be posted. I'm not very expert at reducing images so I hope its OK:?
One of the features I am very impressed with is the natural light setting--It gives amazing photos indoors (in good light) without flash--lovely for animal and kids.
I'll send one in a seperate post.

Rosie

Attached Images

Old Nov 2, 2005, 5:01 AM   #8

Ooops think the last one was a little too big--hope this is better
Indoors--No Flash
Attached Images

Old Nov 2, 2005, 7:19 AM   #9
ptg

The photos look great! please post more but.....*I hate to be a pest but do you think you can email me one high res image?[img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]Big [email protected]
Old Nov 2, 2005, 7:58 AM   #10

Hi Peter

No problem will do--I'll have to go take some more to post as I have been playing around and deleted most that I have taken :sad:because as I explained I only have a very small memory card at present.
I have just been taking loads at different settings( mainly of my dogs and kids) and once I've looked at them deleted and started again.

So I'll go out tomorrow(pouring with rain here in the UK at the moment) and take several that I can send to you at high res.