Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 25, 2005, 4:18 PM   #61

OK here is an S7000 macro (not the super macro).
Ira
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:53 PM   #62

Just so we don't forget about those of us who still have the "lowly" cameras, I thought I would share this panorama that I took with my 5100. Yes, I realize it isn't the greatest composition, but that little camera still does a pretty good job I think. I hope I made it small enough but still give you an idea of the scene that was there.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:35 AM   #63

jphess,

The pictures is beautiful, it was carefully composed, I'm using the S5100 too, lowly camera but faithfully gives us beautiful pictures to keep to share with friends and family. Fuji introduced good quality S series cameras a few years back and still carry on to the new S coming out soon, otherwise they will change model.

In DPREVIEW, the S9000 is the third most clicked camera after the two DSLR Canon XT and 20D.

Last week I went down to my local Best Buy store to check see the S9000 is there yet. I asked the salesclerk but she doesn't know and saidshehad people come and ask for this camera too, and asked me what is it camera has, 8MP? I said no, wait until you see it.

CS.
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 2:03 AM   #64

jphess

Very nice, the only reason I got an S7000 over the S5100 was for the external flash capability (hot shoe). Keep up the good work.

Ira
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:39 PM   #65

Hi Ira

I am new to this Forum, but am really enjoying the contributions made. I ussed to do a lot of photography with 35mm SLR's, but lost my camera when moving to Scotland. I have had a coupleof cheap digital compacts since, and got a Canon Powershot A95 last year. I have had some nice photos from it, far too many of my cat!!

However, the A95 is now too limited for the things I want to do, and I have been researching cameras prior to buying one in December. I was taken with the S9500 when I first heard of it. Although I have looked at others inthe class, I keep coming back to it, probably because of the range of features, rather than any one item.

It looks really nice as well :-)

As regards some fo teh "macho" language, such as that of Carlton, I have theh same attitude as Sarah, as used to work on ships. these days I progamme computers.

Bestest wishes

Crystin
CrystinJoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:56 PM   #66

Crystin, welcome aboard. The A95 is an excellent camera and will make a great backup to a Fuji S9500. My view, right now at least,is that this is the camera I would get if I didn't already own two complete lens sets suitable for dSLRs. I will most likely purchase a Pentax dSLR (*istDS2 is current choice) sometime in the new year, but only because I want to work with a dSLR and I already have the lenses. If I had no lenses I would be waiting for my S9000.

I think the 28mm wide end and the long telephoto will put a whole new life in your photography, even if your cat is still your favourite subject.

Ira
Old Sep 28, 2005, 2:06 PM   #67

Ira

Thanks. The A95 is very slow to start, and I have missed a number of shots because of that. I agree about the lens, my photography covers just about every subject. The photo I have attached was taken one evening in my back bedroom. I had walked in the door and was struck by the image the herbs on the windowsill presented. I put the tripod on top of the ironing board, and took this at about 5 seconds. I bracketed the shots a bit to try and get the best exposure. I will keep the camera as it is small enough to carry with me in my handbag.

Bestest wishes

Crystin
Attached Images

Old Sep 28, 2005, 2:06 PM   #68

Ira

Thanks. The A95 is very slow to start, and I have missed a number of shots because of that. I agree about the lens, my photography covers just about every subject. The photo I have attached was taken one evening in my back bedroom. I had walked in the door and was struck by the image the herbs on the windowsill presented. I put the tripod on top of the ironing board, and took this at about 5 seconds. I bracketed the shots a bit to try and get the best exposure. I will keep the camera as it is small enough to carry with me in my handbag.

Bestest wishes

Crystin
Attached Images

Old Sep 28, 2005, 2:07 PM   #69

Ira

I think I pushed the camera a bit with that one :-)
Old Sep 28, 2005, 2:15 PM   #70

After my last message, I keep having thoughts of the "Bad workman, tools" ,set.