Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 15, 2005, 2:29 PM   #1

I have been one of the biggest culprits, rambling on through the S9000 thread. Now what I am suggesting, if the moderators do not object, is a thread where Fuji EVF owners (S9X00, S20, S7000, S5X00, S3X00and earlier models such as the 2800Z) could just compare notes and shoot the breeze. An EVF support group of sorts. Hopefully many of the regular posters on the S9000 thread will come here for all those discussions which do not actually help anyone with questions about the S9000 (that thread has 238 replies at this point in time).

Hopefully I will be seeing some of you here soon, hopefully not to tell me I am full-of-it for starting this thread.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2005, 2:41 PM   #2

Ira-

I think it is a very logical, and natural transition. I for one will be here supporting you.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:40 PM   #3

Ira, I like the idea, but I am not a fuji owner at present...if I can still stay, I would enjoy that...am I disqualified???

Bob
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:44 PM   #4

I think it's a good idea but you'd (they) would have to create a separate group for all the other brands too. Since they have the SLR's separate, I'd like to see the EVF's separate too. For newbies, it could be hard to locate information on a prospective camera though--More topics/threads to look through.

I think the S9x00 posts area result of the newness and expectation that everyone has for the camera. I suspect all the Oohs and Ahas will diminish after a while.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:53 AM   #5

Great idea Ira, I spend most of my time just following the discussions and learning so much in the process. Don't have too much to contribute constructively right nowother than when I have a specific question, but from my perspective as a newcomer, the more subject threads the better. This forum is worth a library full of reference books. Keep it up - I'm sure there are manyout there that like me, follow every word the experienced contributers post, without ever actually contributing themselves and so remain largely unseen.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 3:43 AM   #6

Hi Sarah & Ira Taking myself off to sunnier climes. Will be back Australia and NZ about the end of feb/mar 06
carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 9:36 AM   #7

Carlton-

Truly, we are delighted to have you on board. February and March 2006 should be right into to their summer, it a glorious time for that part of the world. I did a workshop on boardthree Princess cruises last year beginning in mid February and the weather was just grand.

I noticed a complaint about shortened battery life on the S-9500 among the threads, Carlton. You ,I believe posted that you were using 2500mah nickel metal hydride batteries in your 9500, have you hadany experience like that? And how do you like the EVF? Is it as good or better than the S-7000?

Have a wonderful weekend. The fog, it appears has decided to clear a bit on the coast of Oregon, so perhaps we will have a bit of sunshine today,which would be quite nice.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 1:06 PM   #8

Carlton, hope you have access to the web for some of your time away, I look forward to hearing from you.

CCWKen, I agree that the buzz is mostly just anticipation of a new product, but there does seem to be more interest here then usual. All of the Fuji Sxx00 cameras are above average cameras that are oftn picked on for their perceived low image quality, this however is not really fair because they produce excellent print quality and are far more usable then many other cameras. Among EVF cameras Fuji is one of the few that does not completely blank during burst mode, for instance. I think the Sony R-1 will be the very clear image quality champ (that APS CMOS sensor is very similar to the one they sell to Nikon for one oftheir top-of-the-line D2? models)but for overall shooting performance the S9000 will be a step ahead.

Sarah, I read that post on battery life and there is clearly something wrong with that camera, I hope Carlton has a number for us but given past experience with the similarly powered S7000 I cannot see the new S9000 (or for that matter any other digital camer currently on the market) being that bad.

Just my opinions, I'm hardly ever right!
Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 4:36 AM   #9

Hello Sarah. yes I use Nickel-metal hydride. I get about 250/300 shots. EVF no problems at all. I think its great. What's great is the speed at which the 9500 readys-up. Swich on and it's ready before you can get up to your eye. IT'S THAT QUICK. Now that I've got to all the settings on the camera I'm doing test shots of all the ISOs. From my bedroom window I have a wonderful view of RIPON CATHEDRAL. I use view to test all my cameras. If they don't shape up, they're out. Anyway I leave for the EAST on Monday. Is there anyway I can send you an A4shot of the Cathedral.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:00 AM   #10

Hello IRA To tell you the truth I'm not really up to scratch with all this web based stuff. I would dearly love to show you folks some of my work. But how the heck to do so baffles me. I have bought two books on how to build a WEB-SITE. I will read them while lazing away the English WINTER on BONDI BEACH. I tell you Ira this camera is a peach. For instance, about an hour ago I went over to a neighbours, it was her Birthday. It was white icing decorated with a bevvy of assorted fresh flowers. Handheld , window light, 400iso Absolutely fantastic foto. Fuji colour being what it is, RICH & VIBRANT, the white icing had a light shade of pinkish. Wapped that out in PSCS. Oh, silly billy, I am.I forgot to mention I sold my FIRST PRINT, apart from the wedding I did last week,from my 9500 on Friday. I've seen the the result framed. I looked and realized I just might become a good fotografer All I have to do is take spelling lessons. I wonder if theSwedish lass from next door could-------------NO!!! better not. SORRY about tha SARAH