Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 29, 2003, 12:44 PM   #1

Default finepix 4800z lens lock out?

I know this is not a new problem, but other posts did not say how to get the cmera working again.
I had taken a couple of shots then switced the camera off, about ten minutes later I switced back on and the error symbol came up and the lens locked out.
The manual said switch the camera on and off a few times but this has not solved anything.
When switching on and off the lens sems to focus but not retract.
Battery in good condition.
Can anyone suggest an answer before i send it back for repair?
ericfstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2003, 12:51 PM   #2

Have you tried to contact Fuji by phone or email? I have good results with emails here in Canada. If anything interfered with the lens extending or retracting, it could have damaged the motor or mount. The lens will still focus, 'cause the focussing is internal. I know one person had their lens extend while it was in a case, as they accidentally touched the power button while taking it out. This sort of thing can be fatal.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2003, 3:20 PM   #3

Thanks Ron for your input.
The camera was still under guarantee (only had it since Christmas) so I took it back to the shop (Jessops, UK) to get repaired.
The camera was always kept in its case when not in use, so if it had been switced on while in there it should be an issue that Fuji correct!
I will make sure in the future that the mode switch is in playback mde, then even if the camera is switched on the lens will not try to extend.
I hope this alerts other users to this potential problem.

Great forum by the way :lol:
ericfstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 8:16 AM   #4

It's now ocurred to me why the S602 power on switch is a rotary, that has to be turned through the replay position. Always thought this was a bit naff till I read this thread! They've made the lens cap string nice and long too.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote