Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:51 PM   #11

I called a shop in Meppel (www.dewinkel.nl), also sold out, another batch of camera's is expected around 2 October.
I live in Zwolle and I'd rather buy from a shop in the region than online, that way it's easier to get service in case of a problem with the camera.
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 1:33 PM   #12

You are right, thats why I bought it in Amsterdam. I think I have to go back to the shop because the lcd display has some dead pixels !
dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 11:25 PM   #13

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has tried different CF cards in the S9X00.

And if anyone has any ideas in my previous post regarding the Lexar 80x CF cards?

Cheers
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:04 PM   #14

okay, hope I can shed some light on the memory card issue. I tried 3 different cards:

xD card (olympus 512MB)

CF I card 64MB(danelec)

CF II card 512MB (danelec Xtreme)

and the winner is.....

xD!

my test was simple: take a RAW photo (18mb) and just count how long it will take to store the photo.

The results: xD 4/5 seconds, CF II 8/9 seconds and CF I took 16/18 seconds. A significant difference. On paper, CF II should be the fastest, but only with a good compatiblity. This test is NOT by any means official, but it might be an indication of the speed.

Last remark: I bought my camera at www.koopdigitaal.nl very good deal, good service (near Zwolle!!!). They just received their second batch. What I did: I registered three weeks ago, so last week I could go try it out and pick it up.

I am amased at the picture quaility (OK, it is not quite as bright as a D70s, but it beats the sh*t out of a eosd350 with the kitlens. And hey, 9mp 1600asa.....need I say more? Special featureS: chrome colors (nice!) and cable release (goodie).
vocalfons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:14 PM   #15

SanDisk Ultra II 9 seconds for one RAW picture !
dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 8:41 PM   #16

so it's fair to say sandisk and danelec perform quite similar. It would be nice if everyone with a 9000/9500 would shoot one raw, measure time and post the brand and type of memory. That would really help a lot in deciding.
vocalfons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:25 PM   #17

Hi!

I'm mew member of this Fuji forum, yesterday I acquired here in Israel where I live my second Fuji Finepix camera, my first one (Today my Son owned), S-6900Zoom, the lovely S-9500.

Because here the Xd card is much more expensive I buy a Transcend X-30 128 for a mere US$:10.00; and it's OK...seems me that write NOT so fast...however satisfice me!

By the way...will be any possibility to update in the future the received Firmware?..if yes how???

Sincerely,

Alex 007
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 3:15 AM   #18

I bought a Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB for my S9500 and an XD 256mb for the second slot.

The CF card is much faster than the XD card and my photo's are stored in a second or less! (must be the buffer taking over).

I first wanted a Lexar 80x, but the guy in the shop adviced me Sandisk, it was fast enough for this camera and Lexar was not as reliable as they used to be he said.

Well, it also saved me about 20 euro's :-)

Comparing to my old camera this is a HUGE improvement, on my old cam it took up to 10-15 seconds to store a photo, minutes to store 10 pix fast taken after eachother. now it takes a fraction of that time.
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 11:29 AM   #19

proton,

Do you know if what the difference between the Sandisk Ultra II and the Sandisk Extreme III are? Just wondering if the guy in the shop mentioned it? I know that the Extreme III is supposed to be faster but wouldn't that be pointless if the camera can only write at a certain speed?

Anyone else,

With a difference of only $20AUS, would it be a waste of money to opt for the Extreme IIIinstead of the Ultra II?Would there be any benefits to getting the Extreme III at the present time?

Thanks
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:21 PM   #20

I've just fitted a Kingston Elite Pro 50x 512Mb CFand it's def. faster than the supplied XD card, I don't have any larger XD cards to try as my other cameras use SD.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote