Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 18, 2005, 10:47 AM   #1

Fuji launched their dream camera S9000 with a second slot for CF card, and still keep the XD slotfor their homebase customers? What is the purpose for this? To seduce other loyal camera buyers?Very greedyeh.

They even make the LCD tilt up and down so cute,for who? Papparazi?

A sync terminal to hook up off camera flash, studio light..., not low end DSLR have this, smart eh?

An S9000 with the ability for short range attack in super macro mode, and long range cruising at 10.7x zoom. ISO could submerge to 8,000ft and shoot up to 16,000ft, flash sync at mega speed 1/1000th sec. Very scary eh.

Bad boy Fuji. You've slammed Panasonic bad, only leave room for Pana to manuveur at 12X range, are you scare of their Leica lens? You caught Canon attention. Watch out, Nikon is a sleeping giant, Pentax is a silence lurking shark, if it could lower their ISO to just 100 and raise the flash sync just to 250, bingo. Sony will hate you for this mess, Minolta will arm their IS system everywherein their cameras from their flagship DSLR down to low end point and shoot.

Ladies and Gentlemen, show time.

CS.
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2005, 1:25 PM   #2

coldshot-

I very much agree with you. We are opening the page on what will be IMHO a total revolution in digital camera design and forward thinking. I sincerely believe that we will be seeing more ground breaking technology in the next 12 to 18 months than ever before in digital camera history. Get a good seat and enjoy the show!

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 1:37 PM   #3

What I'd like to see in non-SLR digicamsis the movie framerate and resolution to start edging up alongside the spec for stills.

One of the deciding factors in my getting the S7000 was its 30fps movie mode when the other contenders at the time were on 15fps.

If mobile phonesare becoming good low-end cameras now, I hope high end digicams will start nudging at the camcorder market (or will camcorders become better at stills.. I'm rambling now:?)
Andy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 2:11 PM   #4

Yes, amazing new stuff always comming :!:
And all you need is an endless supply of cash to keep up :?
With cameras that are obsolete before they hit the store shelves :blah:
(by the time a camera hits retail the components inside them are well over a year out of date with the latest new technology)

:cart:Wasen't film great?
To keep up with the latest tech, all you needed to do was buy the newest film stock. Instand upgrade.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:02 PM   #5

Sarah,

Yes, communication technology advances faster than we can absorb, my guess is the next fancy DSLR has no memory card, it's direct link to satelite, shoot and sent to the sky and back down to earth into our home computer, or even fancier, shoot and direct send to satelite down to a photo lab and have the lab technician do the color balance, cropping , noise reduction per our instructions with a small fee and redirect to satelite back down to our computer, when we get home the pictures are ready to print. I'm sure photojournalists will welcome this type of camera, shoot and send straight down to all the network news around the world. We are using that technology it is hanging on our body, the cell phone.

Don't you wish we could go back to Ansel Adams era when he's still using that weird camera which he has to use a big black handkerchief to cover over the whole camera and his head? Then we don't have to worry about 5MP, 8MP..., noise here, noise there, 10X zoom, 12X zoom... Fuji X compare to Canon Y, Nikon Z compare toSony A... and look at Ansel Adams pictures, they are artistic awesome.

CS.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:04 PM   #6

Peter-

I can certainly understand your, yawn now we have to do something else attitude. That is entirely OK. Many folks do that. But, I truly believe that many huge changes are about to occur in terms of digital camera design and innovation. So get a good seat, fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the show!

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 11:34 PM   #7

Of course changes are comming:!:
With high tech they always have been and always will, and the advancements are absolutely great.:blah:

I don't quite see why you think huge changes will only be coming soon.
That is the same mantra that has been chanted non-stop since digitals first hit the consumer shelves.

Coldshot
That already exists for Canon and Nikon DSLR's in a way, they have wireless 802.b capability (2000$ option). So long as you can hit a pc with the receiving server software it can forward your images anywhere.
Canon show where new eos 5d's were being demoed wirelessly tethered to the servers and show displays: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=18655

And that "weird" camera Ansel used still exists. Though the medum and large format cameras now it output a 39 megapixel or larger image file (with a 12 stop dynamic range). Almost a 585 megabyte file for each shot in the highest quality double-shot 64-bit mode. http://www.phaseone.com/upload/p_45_us.pdf
Nothing stands still.:G

Peter.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 5:40 AM   #8

PeterP wrote
Quote:
Coldshot
That already exists for Canon and Nikon DSLR's in a way, they have wireless 802.b capability (2000$ option). So long as you can hit a pc with the receiving server software it can forward your images anywhere.
Canon show where new eos 5d's were being demoed wirelessly tethered to the servers and show displays: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=18655
Wi Fi tech is so cheap these days ie. routers, switches, adapters. Many households have 2 to 3 computers linked up to an ADSL line. Bluetooth adapters are totally a USD10 thing nowdays. No more sibling fights over who browses the net first!

I had read somewhere that a couple of hybrid camera makers already have wi-fi built in.

Last edited by musicarvind; Jun 6, 2011 at 12:08 AM.
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 10:17 AM   #9

OK, let's change direction here....

When is the best time to buy the latest gadget.. The S9500 has just come out and goodness knows I want one, but is it worth waiting for the first 'price drop'?

This could be due tocompeting product release from the big boys (Canon, Nikon et al), or lean times of the year in the High Street..

If there's a retail analyst in the house, please speak up now:-)
Andy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 10:55 AM   #10

What Fuji has done here is offer the best overall package:

- Panasonic has a bigger zoom and IS but no high ISO
- Sony has a bigger sensor and a wider angle lens but no movie mode
- Kodak has wider angle but odd limitations on high ISO
- Samsung has two LCD screens and a 15X zoom but not much else
- No-one else has shown up at this party yet.

I guess this is one time that Fuji has the jump on everyone, but who knows what lurks just a few weeks down the road.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote