Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:23 AM   #1

Classified:

Fuji S9000, attack submarine, offensive, unconventional warfare, massive torpedo launching capability.

Mobilewack.com moved up dilivery date end of Sep.

B&H updated available from Aug to Sep today.

Amazon listed as early October.

In the meantime the hunt for Red October continues.
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2005, 9:30 AM   #2

FWIW, I read in another user forum that there was an earthquake in Japan that has set back the delivery of the 9000 to the U.S. market. It was estimated that the cameras would start being delivered this week. It doesn't really matter to me because I'm not going to get one for several months.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 9:36 AM   #3

I'm with jphess on that, it will be some time before I will be making any purchase.

Coldshot - could you tone down the submarine references a little:-), it gets a little confusing sometimes:?.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 9:43 AM   #4

I agree. Us landlubbers don't like it.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:44 PM   #5

B&H put a "Sold Out" sign on the S9000. When did they get the shipment to the U.S. ?

Looks like East coast, West coast get different delivery schedule.

CS.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 9:08 PM   #6

Ira, you were right thinking about what's behind my fairy tale submarine, however I don't expect you to mention it, now you are the one who fired the first shot, here we go.

No more confusing subs.

The moment of truth is here.

Four jammed pack AA warhead= use Energizer e2 lithium AA batteries on flash to reduce weight and help flash leg/hot shoelast longer, on the other hand load Ni-MH rechargeable in camera for weight at bottom to balance camera right at the base, gravity in the right place.

Unconventional warfare=

a reasonable cost camera can use for tough situations as the big storm coming, a disaster, a big traffic accident... a deception tools, when shooting portrait some are camera shy, in this case set one camera as a deception, shoot this decoy first, the model thinks it's the shot and relax, but the second shot right after from the second camera is the real shot to get her natural expression. Can't use continuous shots from one camera, flash won't recycle fast enough, use this two camera side by side. Use two camera to harrass the lousy video guy if he is not cooperative enough at the wedding, some think they havea more important job to do than photographers. Use two camera if it happens to be 35mm, don't load film in it shoot with flash opposite his position into his video,usethe second camera to shoot the wedding at the same time. The best time is when the bride and the groom are in the middle of you and the videographer, in case he question you, it's just you're doing your job.

Short range attack=

The S9000 has a macro mode can take pictures up close and personal, most of us won't use much unless we are nature photographer. However don't overlook this feature, it will go beyond our time, sooner or later we move on to better cameras as technology improves everyday, we will hand the S9000 down to our kids, they will use this super macro to take pictures of the insects in the backyard for their biology class, maybe they could get close enough to see the butterfly wings it's structure, their curiosity will lead them to become our future scientists, who knows some may design submarines could zig zag underwater to evade enemy's torpedo, remember that zig zag flying pattern of the butterfly in their high school biology class.

I could go on and on but my lousy internet cut me off two times already, I love the features of this Fuji S9000, compare to others on the market right now. To me, photography is the art of deception, depend on who is behing that tool the camera, will make a difference. So, camera makersshould make us cameras simple to use, put in there the goodies we need, leave out thecomplicate things we don't use, we are not interested inground breakinghere ground breaking there, breaking our wallet tobe exact,then end up with cameras that we just can'tuse as a tool to communicate with to express our artistic inourselves. Myall time favorite camera is the Nikon FM2, so simple,simple enough it can work without battery, durable, beautifullydesigned.

CS.

Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:34 PM   #7

I have to agree my all time favourite camera is the Nikon FM2. I even still have my original FM2 that I used as a cadet photographer in the newspaper game. I think that I will always have it as a back up to the new age of cameras that require batteries to work.

When batteries are plentiful I am enjoying the S9500! I have not taken many photos since I left the newspapers but now I am excited again. My camera is never far from reach. It was the right camera to respark my love for photography again.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:44 PM   #8

shadowlies,

Yes, the FM2 is a full manual camera, with the flash sync at 1/250th sec is quite high at that time, it is always exciting to go back to those days, that's why I can't wait to see the S9000 in real life, the zoom lens fits 58mm filters, a good diameter lens size to focus manually, to me, 52mm is small, 55-58mm is right, 62 is a little slow to hunt focus.The S9000 will bring meback to the old days playing with shutter/aperture, match, mismatch to get a different effect in the pictures. The zoom range is a little odd, 10.7X, I always minus 1X in any zoom I use, staying a little below that, so with 10.7X, I can zoom comfortable to 10X. Same with the Panasonic FZ30 12X zoom -1X, it'll be 11X safe zone. On the lens shade, is opposite, I always add one next size, so 58mm will use 62mm lens shade. Looking at the picture of the S9000, I could see a raised texture on the end barrel zoom ring, it'll stick to the focus turn in either direction for fast focus manually.

I'm sure you'll enjoy this new camera base on your experience with the FM2, it'll bring you back to the future with endless possibilities.

CS.

Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:00 PM   #9

OK all is clear now :?!

My favourite camera was a Pentax K1000, it was the simplest SLR with TTL metering and a bayonet mount. It didn't even have an on/off switch, just take of the lens cap or put it back on. Flash synch was a pathetic 1/60 but that didn't seem to matter with that camera. Years later I got a well worn KX and realized how good the K1000 should have been.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote