Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 25, 2005, 7:40 AM   #1

Got this cam since yesterday and i'm very happy with the fact that it is 28mm and can make good pictures @ 400 ISO.
Also had the chance to try the FZ30, but looking at the ISO200 and ISO400 pictures of that one, i took the guess and bought the S9500.
No regret till now.

Check my website www.nefius.nl for pictures (exif) and let me know what you think of it.
Nefius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:23 AM   #2

??? ... no regret till now... ???
Do you mean that you now have regrets or that you still have no regrets?

The ISO 1600 shots are noisy but have more detail than I expected them to. The S9000/9500 seems to be living up to Fuji's promise, the images do not have the, difficult to describe, fuzzy look of 100% crops from the S7000. Although, as an S7000 owner I will say that the prints made from the images are spectacular.

Nice to see some real world examples from a new owner who is not a pro.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:51 AM   #3

Nefius,

I understand this is a test. It answered my second and third questions, the lens is sharp, macro is superb in the bee shot.

The color spectrum is Fuji strenght drawing from their huge film database.

This bad boy Fuji is gambling big time, they put a lot of good stuff in this S9500/S9000 withan initial price $700 drawing attention from other camera makers, and ifthey want to hit harder, theyjust lower the price to give others a heart attack.

I am curious who's behind Fuji crazy adventure, looking at Fuji pro series DSLR especially the latest S3 compare with the physical lay out of Nikon DSLR cameras, zero in at the shutter button with the on/off ring around it, in front and just below the shutter is the wheel, that same position in both makers.Besides, Fuji DSLR compatible with Nikon lenses and Flash. Nikon as well as others need Fuji in their color expertise, Fuji needs others in camera design. A mini summit between Fuji and Nikon in the parking lot is possible? Just a phone call away.Fuji is smart enough not to put a TTL hot shoe on the S9500/S9000, it will reveal the flash of the joint venture camera maker. Let'sconnect the dots...

Congratulation on a new camera, it will lead you toan excitingunconventional photography.:-)

CS.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:23 AM   #4

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
??? ... no regret till now... ???
Do you mean that you now have regrets or that you still have no regrets?

The ISO 1600 shots are noisy but have more detail than I expected them to. The S9000/9500 seems to be living up to Fuji's promise, the images do not have the, difficult to describe, fuzzy look of 100% crops from the S7000. Although, as an S7000 owner I will say that the prints made from the images are spectacular.

Nice to see some real world examples from a new owner who is not a pro.

Ira
No regrets till now, i mean, i'm still happy with the cam, but you never know what happens in the future :-)

The first series of pictures on my website are indeed not as clear as you want them to, but on the otherhand, most of them are made with far zoom and thus movement of me will be transfered into unclear pictures.

I will make some pictures on a tripod with full zoom, to see if it's still unclear.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 1:52 PM   #5

Nice macro

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:59 PM   #6

Yes, that does appear to be a nice macro photo. But, as in all photography, having a lot of skill can make a big difference. Scroll down to the bottom of the page of the link I am providing and take a look at the macro photo of the bee on the flower. One person who commented on that picture was stating how wonderful the macro capabilities are on the 9500. The person who took that picture clarified that it was taken with the 5500 (5100 in the U.S.) and I think it's every bit as good if not better than the one you provided a link to.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=16&page=3
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 4:02 PM   #7

jphess wrote:
Quote:
Yes, that does appear to be a nice macro photo. But, as in all photography, having a lot of skill can make a big difference. Scroll down to the bottom of the page of the link I am providing and take a look at the macro photo of the bee on the flower. One person who commented on that picture was stating how wonderful the macro capabilities are on the 9500. The person who took that picture clarified that it was taken with the 5500 (5100 in the U.S.) and I think it's every bit as good if not better than the one you provided a link to.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=16&page=3
http://www.nefius.nl/S9500/S9500_macro3.jpg was taken with my S9500 and i'm pretty proud of this macro picture. It's a good picture, so the 9500 can make sharp pictures for sure. it's more about learning the camera i think
Old Sep 26, 2005, 4:12 PM   #8

Nefius,

You did an excellent job with that shot. There is no question about that. But it isn't just the camera. Anyone who has followed this forum for a while knows that a lot of people have thought something was wrong with their camera because they weren't able to take clear macro photos. The one that I posted a link to was taken with the 5500, which a lot of people have expressed frustration with when they tried to take macro photos. I'm just saying that there is a lot of skill required in taking good macro photos. It isn't just the camera. You have demonstrated that the camera is capable of producing good macros, but you have also demonstrated your own skill in setting up and taking those kinds of pictures. Good job!
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:08 PM   #9

Hi :-)

We've got the same spider in our garden here in the UK ..........

Shots were taken about 6 weeks apart, it/she(?) looks to be pregnant :-)

Both shots taken with a 2mp Panasonic FZ1 hand held.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:51 AM   #10

Maybe it are sisters or brothers from eachother :-)

Anyhow, nice picture, especcialy for the type of cam.