Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:34 PM   #1

I want an new camera because my Ixus 500 have get the lcd broken, and i have checked on Fujifilm S9500 And an KonicaMinolta A200 and dont know how is best, the thing is that S9500 come first in Oktober here in Sweden so i dont know so much about it yet.

The better thing with A200 seems that is antishake thing and i dont know how much its matter so please help me with this really want to buy the right one directly. Wich camera should you buy if u was me.

winzhangout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:14 PM   #2

winzhangout,

you are checking on two cameras, the Konica Minolta A200 and the Fuji S9500. I don't have much knowledge about the first one, but I can tell you a little bit about the Fuji S9500.

The Fuji S9500 is a prosumer camera with a balanced features for advanced photographers to enjoy it's full potential. What surprised me lately is the S9500 almost completely new technology put in there comparing to it's pro series S2, S3.

The obvious one is the focus assist beam has moved from the right side in front of the camera up to the side near the flash/viewfinder topina tube shape. This is very interesting position and I beleive it is a good place to be. I set my mind on that tube shape waiting to find out not why but when, how, and if....

There is no need to tell you Fuji is a photo film maker, their strenght is in the color palette, they painfully have mastered it, especially purple color. There are some pictures slowly come in from new Fuji owners, each look at the pictures differently, I go for skin tone, skin tone and skin tone and I'm not surprise at all at what I saw. The one and only one Fujicompetitoris Kodak. Kodak holds the yellow spectrum waiting a chance to strike at Fuji ambitious adventure by launching the S9500/9000.

Ilovetoopen the hood of the S9500, go deep down there where the White Balance feature is, that's where Fuji most secret weapon believe to lay right there. Most photographers overlook that white balance feature ofa digital camera, some pros later found outwhen it's too late.

The S9500 is so flexible that you can use it as a primary camera or a second one, with high ISO to 1600 you can keep shooting until sunset others with low ISO just quit.

Wedding/portrait photographers will appreciate this new Fuji camera,the S9500makes the line between prosumer and low end dslr a little blurry.

CS.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:14 AM   #3

Ok so you can recomend the camera, then i will buy one when it arrives here in swedish stores, hope this camera will be the right for me, im a beginner on this type of camera i have only owned useally digital cameras like konikaminolta G600, Ixus 500, and so on before, but im intrested of learning more so i hope this S9500 will be good for my surpose. p.s hope my english can be read, was atleast 15 years since i used it.
winzhangout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:15 AM   #4

The many true faces of the Fuji S9000:

High ISO, shoot first ask question later, shoot first worry about noise later. Low ISO camera, sitting duck.

S9000 10X zoom, shoot first ask question later, 3X camera = handicap.

S9000=Honda Civic. Kids buy the Civic, modify it and go street racing. Same with S9000, modify the focus beam which already has strong beam, make it stronger.

Go to white balance fine tune it for indoor concerts, wedding receptions, formal social club parties...

Shoot side by side with low end DSLRs, use external flash socket hook flash out to bracket will minimize shadow at the same time look more professional, look intimidate.

Two cameras techniques, use DSLR shoot color, S9000 shoot B&W, or opposite. In bad weather, rain windy, light snow...use S9000, keep DSLR in the bag.

Tricky light, use S9000 preview shot feature, adjust setting and shoot.

In real life shoot out, S9000 = lethal, intimidation, deception, fast and furious.

CS.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:17 PM   #5

winzhangout, I am in a similar situation to you at the moment, these two cameras are two prime contenders for my next camera. I had rather overlooked the A200, but a discussion (rather diverting a thread titled 'PowerShot S2 IS vs. Dimage A200') on the 'what camera should I buy' forum made me look again.

Like many, I was looking forward to new Fuji models with low noise / high ISO after reading F10 reviews, so I was really excited about the S9500 anouncement. I have to say, I'm not that impressed with what I've seen of 1600 ISO, and I'm coming to the conclusion that, at least for now in the context of 'digicams' rather than dSLRs, optical image stabilisation may simply be a more effective tool for low light than high ISOs. I'd love to see the high ISOs continue to improve - I really think that's important and exciting.

It might be a good idea to put this thread in 'Which camera should I buy', or start a new one there.
pterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:06 PM   #6

See S9000 vs competitionfor other contenders, but the 2 cameras you mention have an indisputable advantage: both a good focal range starting at a rather wide aspect of 28mm...
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote