Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 2, 2003, 1:38 PM   #1

Default s602 telephoto lens: which one?

I need to buy a fujifilm s602z telephoto lens with the capability of adding filters onto it (I currently have a 55to52 adapter and 52 filters) .

Does anybody have a suggestion on what do get? I know there is the fuji and some others out there.
estjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2003, 11:03 PM   #2

Default Re: s602 telephoto lens: which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by estjohn
I need to buy a fujifilm s602z telephoto lens with the capability of adding filters onto it (I currently have a 55to52 adapter and 52 filters) .

Does anybody have a suggestion on what do get? I know there is the fuji and some others out there.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 2:54 PM   #3

Fuji make a 1.5 adaptor. I believe it has a front thread. Check out dpreview.com, Fuji forum for additional informtion.
Ron Kaplansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 10:02 AM   #4

Re: Telephoto Lens

Fuji makes the Adapter Tube with 55mm to 55mm threads to screw on filters and/or tele/wide angle lenses.
There are no threads on the teleconverter Fuji TL-FX 9 to screw on a filter.
I think someone made a filter at home to fit the Fuji teleconverter.

Rafael
Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 1:49 PM   #5

Most filters have a front thread. If you mount the filter to the adaptor tube you could screw the telephoto onto the filter.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 4:09 PM   #6

Re: Fuji Tele

You are right. Filters have front threads, but estjohn asked if he he could mount filters on to the fuji telephoto lens. The Fuji telephoto does not have front threads to screw a filter on to it.

Regards Rafael
Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 3:22 AM   #7

I was desperate for something right away (for surf trip) so I got the Raynox. It should get here tomorrow. It seems kind of weird to do the filter then telephoto, but I'll experiment and if I find out something interesting, I'll post it. Thanks.
estjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 3:50 AM   #8

I agree, particularly when we want the filter to protect the lens! I've seen a brave attempt to solve this prob. using the plastic dust caps, for both the Fuji wide and tele lenses.

What's needed is a push on adaptor to fit these lenses, with a standard filter thread - are there any over your end of the pond? I don't mind something with a clamp ring and small screw which could be kept on the lens. PS smaller filters fitted on the tube, will be cheaper than bigger one's at the front!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:25 AM   #9

One of my friends who was a staff photographer for the Michigan Department of Conversation used to say that anything placed over the primary lens has to degrade the image. You pay big money for a lens/camera and then subtract from it capability.

Now in the real world. . . Lens adaptor tube, filter, and then addon lens will work as long as the camera's lens does not crash into the first attachment on the adaptor tube. When you start to add filters to the front of the addon lenses you are going to spend big bucks or pounds because those filters are in the 62mm range. Once you get beyond 55mm prices go up fast and availability goes down.

Then againt, do what works for you.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 1:55 PM   #10

Quote:
You pay big money for a lens/camera and then subtract from it capability.
I agree with the rapid increase in filter price above 55mm, but as far as current digicams go, some with plastic lenses, my guess is you're not getting as good a quality lens as you're used to, since the sensor performance hasn't yet got to film quality- so why throw in more glass quality?
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote