Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:07 PM   #21

Some good news to report. Fuji returned the camera today in what appears to be perfect working order. I got back the unit that was sent in (not a swap-out) so am quite pleased to have it back. Let's hope it hold up in the long run. For me Fuji has shown that they do support thier products and will definitely keep me as a customer.
wlg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:35 AM   #22

Yet another affected Fuji model - the A607. Fuji denies that this is the same problem and has refused to fix it under the service advisory. In fact, they want to charge to look at it.Looks to me like they just don't support their products if it is too inconvenient or expensive for them. I would never buy another Fuji.
Attached Images

FujiNotGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:41 PM   #23

My brother has an F700, and he had the same problem.He sent it to Fuji in Edison and not only did they replace it for him, it was in better condition then his was. I think Fuji had a lot of ball to post this on their site, and it shows that they are a company that cares.

If you think Fuji has done well by you, pass it on.
cpphotoman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:51 PM   #24

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/ca...age=tech_specs
http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/ca...age=tech_specs

I'd appreciate someone having a look at the two links above and verifying that they match the image that I uploaded with this reply. These are old pages which they have removed links to, but the pages are still on the Fuji UK web server.

The problem is this - Fuji has publicly admitted there is a problem with the CCD in the F410, and replaces them when they fail, free of charge. The A607 uses the identical CCD, but they have decided not to replace them, even when they fail in an identical manner.

My prediction is that once I inform Fuji that their UK website confirms the identical nature of these defective CCDs, they will take those pages down immediately, and then deny that they existed. There will probably also be some rolling heads in the UK for leaving the information in a location which could be found. If they continue to deny that the A607 should have been recalled, and deny the validity of the images, then at least I will be able to point to this forum as proof of their cover-up.

C'mon Fuji, admit your error recall the A607 now before the glare of media attention forces you to...
Attached Images

Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:15 PM   #25

The 607 is a UK model. I know this because I had the USA version the A340. I did speak with Fuji, and thre is no CCD issue with this model. Yes, some CCD's go bad, and that is the way of the digital world.

Maybe you should send the camera to the UK.
cpphotoman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:23 AM   #26

I have an F700 that has a shaky screen! Even though your hands are still and screen shakes and then on the photo you get green lines/streaks on the picture.

This doesnt appear to be the same problem as this thread suggests. but as it is a faulty F700 I was hoping they could replace my camera (wishful thinking, but hey you have to try yea?)

I would like to contact FUJI UK, but can only find phone numbers. I was hoping for an email address. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks
saltandpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 8:53 PM   #27

I am living in Sri Lanka.

I have Finefix F700 camera, in which the LCD display recently had gone blank and shows a purple and multi colored distortion (see attached file). I bought this camera in Dubai Duty Free Shop. (SN 34L63085)

I sent the camera to the service center in Sri Lanka Halyleys Consumer Products Limtied. They have said that there is a problem in the CCD sensor, and they don't have parts for this model but have ordered from Fuji and might take 3 weeks. Also said they will give me an estimate afterreceiving ccd units from Fuji.

I sent 2 enquiries to Fuji through their website, but no feedback a weeks has passed. Like to know whether the camera will be repaired without a charge according to the service advisory.

Bertram, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Attached Images

bertram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:11 AM   #28

My A303, bought March 2003 worked faultlessly until I got a new cam with a 10:1 zoom in February 2004 which I used exclusively until March 2005 when I decided the old 303 could do with an airing.

The airing consisted of a few hundred satisfactory pics and then the display went blank. Just blank like dead. As I had an extended Currys warranty for 4 years, I returned it to them and just 5 days later got a bell to say that the 303 had been repaired.

The cam has been fine for over 18 months now and I didn't give the incident much thought until I read this column. The serial number on my 303 is nowhere near those Fuji listed.....hmmm.....wonder if the fault was the same. The repair was very swift so kudos to Fuji and as long as she keeps going, I'm not concerned. I do like to show my gratitude in a material way, so I bought an S5600 which I'm still learning. Results so far are great. I think Fuji pics have a kind of magic about them that I simply cannot quantify and the 303 especially is wizard with flowers!

Almar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:05 AM   #29

Spoke with one of the Fuji service guys. He let it slip that, for a time they repaired A607s because they have one of the the humidity sensitive plastic case CCD designs, but they stopped fixing them about 6 months ago because there were just too many of them coming back, and it was costing them too much. I will never own another Fuji. They made a piece of trash, and they know it, but are still officially denying it. My next camera will probably be a Nikon. At least they stood behind ALL of their affected models.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:06 PM   #30

HI

British F700 users don't despair.

My CCD failed - pink with black lines .The camera is 2.75 years old- about may 04 .It's number does not fit the advisory numbers issued. But I phoned the customer services number given in the fuji uk site and spoke :shock:to them.Theytold me to fill out the on-line return form and tick the warranty box ,inspite of the cameras age. I printed off the bar codes etc and enclosed a letter stating that i'd spoken to customer services who had told me that if the CCD was faulty it would be replaced FOC. Good to their word it was.

Repair was carried out FOC and took 5 days... posted sat... back thurs.

Maybe a dodgy camera but good service

Hope this helps someone before they bin theirs.

regards Pete
practiceman is offline   Reply With Quote