Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:08 PM   #31

I purchased 2 F410s about 2.5 years ago in Hong Kong....both have CCD failures now. One is black. the other is purple streaks. neither have been maltreated! Can't seem to find any way to approach Fuji via Hong Kong or via UK...are they accepting any liability in these areas? Should I buy in USA next time in case of further problems...any advice gratefully received
golford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:36 PM   #32

Praticeman

Glad you got some satisfaction! Can you point me where to look because I cant find anywhere on the UK site which has a returns facility, nor a customer service number other than a list of office numbers? No sign of a barcode anywhere...desperately and hoping you can help!

Tim
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:32 AM   #33

Thanks to Practiceman...Rang Fuji and they immediately agreed to sort out both faulty cameras at their own cost and sent Next Day postal covers for me to return the cameras to them. Interesting to see the result,but can't fault Fuji's customer service on this occasion!
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:33 AM   #34

I had a similar problem with my Fujifilm F700 zoom, serial number 33L2****, bought in January '04. I asked for advice at Jessops in Cardiffwho advised that the repair would cost £129 and take 7 weeks, advising it would be cheaper to repace the camera. Advice from an independent camera shop was that Fujiflilm might repair it for free if I phoned. After seeing from this site that CCD failure was a common problem with some Sony supplied sensors, I phoned Fujifilm in Bedford last Tuesday. I posted it back last Tuesday for repair. It arrived on Wednesday in Bedford, was repaired for free and arrived back today, Saturday. For £4.25 postage it was a better bargain than Jessops in Cardiff was offering! Repairs are apparantly guaranteed for a year as well.
pet-ire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:04 PM   #35

My F700 started getting the zig-zag images this morning. Not realising the seriousness of the problem I thought I'd got the problem sussed by simply flicking the power switch hard over to the right. After a couple of goes like this with no further problemmy wife took the camera off to an major office closure andretirement party in Exeter, then on to relatives the other side of theUK. She reports tonight that she couldn't take ANY photos at Exeter because of the zig-zags on the screen:evil:words fail me!!

I was just browsing the internet tonight, searching for a possible solution to the problem, and came across this website. Thanks to all for the various suggestions for resolving this problem. Looks like I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and contact Fuji and hope that theserviceI receive will be as good as some of you report...

and as quick!

Ironingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:31 PM   #36

Just to wrap up...Both camera's came back fully serviced and functioning...one had the chip problem, the other some other fault but was fixed for free anyway and a damaged body replaced. Full marks to Fuji for a good job.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 3:46 PM   #37

Well my F700 crapped out the day before a vacation.....thank goodness I had an older Fuji which still worked just fine that I took with.

Anyways, saw this just thread just a few weeks ago and dug the broken Fuji out of the attic and sent it in. Fuji repaired it and sent it back, no charge (the warranty was expired when the camera crapped out last July).

Thanks so much for this information as I now have yet another back up camera available (I since replaced the Fuji with a Casio and then got another one for underwater by Olympus).

PamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 5:01 PM   #38

After my last post Ididn't sendmy camera to Fuji UK as I needed to use it. Since then the zig-zags, blurring, and coloured halo effects around parts of the images on the LCD screen have got worse and worse (though its still not a constant problem). I am now, however, at the end of my tether and went to my local Tesco's today to see what they had in the way of cheap-ish cameras. The salesman advised me that they'd had several Fuji cameras returned (out of warranty) with the same problem. Under the Tesco terms and conditions they replace them immediately, free of charge. (I never thought I'd say something nice about Tesco!)

Anyway. Here i am with my F700, ready to box it up and return it to Fuji. On the Fuji UK website I fill in my name and address & the details of the camera problem. I am then directed to a screen entitled "Camera Repair or Replace" On this page there are 3 options: Repair the camera (£54.99 which they want up-front) Trade-in (which I don't want to do), or Think about it later with a ref number. (But I want to deal with the problem NOW!) And I don't want to pay up front as this suggests to Fuji that the problem is my fault.

How do you go about this stage of the process (did you alljust write a personal letter to them?) And what's all this about a barcode? I see no barcode!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 2:45 PM   #39

I left the pre-approval part empty. Figured they would contact me if they wanted money to fix it and I would decide then. They sent me an email when they received the camera with a reference number and then mailed a confirmation as well. Then they sent me an email with tracking information when repair was completed. They didn't tell me what they did and they didn't ask for any money.

Good luck.
PamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 4:47 PM   #40

Thanks for this, Pam, I'll give it a go...

I'llpost some of the photos the camera has taken recently, when I've worked out how to do it!