Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 7, 2005, 11:15 AM   #1

Hello,

It's nice to include pictures in the thread via activated links.

But please do so only if it relate to the camera(s) being discussed. Otherwise, it makes for avery confusing reading... :?

If you need to compare a picture taken by another camera, include a link that does not show the picture without clicking on it, or state clearly it comes from a different camera or start a new thread.:idea:

Thanks in advance,
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2005, 10:40 PM   #2

I'm confused by your double negatives. :?

So, do you want pictures or not? :-)
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:40 PM   #3

CCWKen wrote:
Quote:
So, do you want pictures or not? :-)
Yes, of course. But why posting pictures taken by a "camera Z" in a thread called "camera A"? :?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:41 PM   #4

Personally, I don't think you can form an opinion about the camera based on a single photograph. There are too many other factors that have to be considered. Now, you have to realize that I only have a 5100. But yesterday we were taking a few pictures, and a couple of them were taken in existing light. Normally my ISO 100 photographs are very sharp and clean. But these two images really puzzled me because there was so much grain in them. I thought sure they had been taken at ISO 400, but when I checked the EXIF data it showed that they were taken at ISO 100. And I have taken ISO 400 pictures that had less noise in them than these did. So it seems to me that we have to take a look at what we did wrong in our set up for the pictures. Any camera, regardless of how expensive it is or how technologically advanced it is, is not going to take a perfect picture every time. A lot of that is because as photographers we make mistakes when we take the picture. I've gotten tired of all these discussions about the quality of pictures from the wondrous/wonderful 9000/9500. Are they any good? Are they as good as an SLR? Is there a lot of PF? Some people say, "I'm very disappointed because..." And at the same time others are praising how wonderful and flawless and perfect the camera is. A lot of the results is dependent on the photographer and the lighting conditions at the time. And what is the point of asking for people to display their images? You aren't going to be able to see the true quality on your monitor anyway. The monitor cannot display anything over about 100 PPI. If you want to know what the camera will do, go to a camera shop and find out. I suspect you will be able to get good and bad results and comments from now until the 9100 is released in a year and a half or so. And the problem is, I will be willing to bet that you'll be just as confused and unable to make a decision then as you are now. But then you will be able to deliberate over another model for another year and a half, still wondering if the camera is any good. The 9000 looks great to me. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to pay for one.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:40 PM   #5

I've been wanting to complain about the excess of "look what I shot" pictures in the forum lately. Not that they aren't nice to see, but I think there are forums better suited for this type of stuff.

So if I understand the original post correctly, pictures about the camera and it's capabilities, or techniques used with your camera are fine, but there seems to be a lot of "look what I shot" posts lately that have little to do with the camera. IF that's the case, I'd agree.

If not, nevermind.:-)
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:02 AM   #6

Sorry if my wording was confusing.

Please read:

"Please continue including some nice or bad shots as 1 image is often worth 1000 words. But please, please, do not include pictures that have not been taken with the very camera being discussed".

For example, in a "Fuji S9000 Zoom" thread, please continue including pictures ... taken by a S9000 BUT do not include pictures taken... by a Fuji F10 camera or a Sony or a Kodak...