Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 4, 2003, 7:19 PM   #1

Default S602 won't focus with tele and wide lenses

Ok I am new this level of camera, I have had only point and shoots up till now. I bought this camera in a kit, has a 2.0x telephoto lense, a macro lense, and a .48x wide angle lense(adapter also), the problem I am having is the camera will not focus with the lenses attached. anybody have any suggestions for me to try?
rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2003, 7:45 AM   #2

In Set-up mode, have you selected "Yes" for SET ADAPTER RING?

Rodney
Rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 2:52 PM   #3

With the tele in place you will have best success with the lens zoomed to max telephoto. Make sure that the camera is on autofocus and not manual focus unless you intentionally intend to focus manually.

With the wide angle lens, again, zoom to the widest position and use the lens in that manner. The focus issues are the same. Either make sure auto is engaged or intentionally use manual.
Ron Kaplansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 3:05 PM   #4

This was something I commented on in an earlier post, but without any direct experience. I thought the 602 AF focuses with a sensor outside the cam?

So the distance sensor can only track lenses the cam understands. If the tele is not Fuji, how does the cam setup the auto focus for an oem lens connected to the extension tube? It's not like an SLR where AF is done through the lens. Some big non-Fuji lenses I've seen actually obstruct the AF window!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 3:42 PM   #5

I figured it out, I was at work and forgot the manual at home, I was trying to focus with the Tele at full w/a, and just opp for the wide angle lense, thanks for the input. Hehe, the manual states that you have a limited focus ability with added lenses.
rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote