Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 10, 2005, 3:57 AM   #1

I'm looking at buying the Fuji wide angle converter lens for my S5500. If I attach the wide lens, does the flash get disabled or anything? If the flash is still functional, is it likely to cast a shadow (I mainly use slow sync mode)?

Any info would be appreciated.
lhtorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:40 AM   #2

AFAIK, the flash will still work. It should not cast a shadow any more than it would normally. But I suspect that the flash probably isn't powerful enough or diffused enough to evenly light an extremely wide-angle photograph. Someone with more experience might be able to give you more insight. You could probably get a couple of inexpensive slave flashes. But if you are serious about your flash photography it might be a good idea for you to get a camera that allows the use of external flash. The built-in flash on the 5100 is adequate for what I use it for, but others have expressed that they wish it was more powerful.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:38 AM   #3

Jphess - thanks for your response. I'll be ordering the wide angle lens tomorrow, I'll have to check it out for myself. I work in real estate and try to use natural light wherever possible anyway. In any case, it'll have to do for the moment until I can afford a dSLR! ... was just thinking about the in-built flash, I often find that I have to apply slight negative EC when using it indoors (unless the light is very low).
lhtorrie is offline   Reply With Quote