Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:13 AM   #1

Hello all

I just purchased the S9500 here in Oz this morning, great camera, just getting to grips with all the options. My only disappointment has been with the grainy LCDand EVF displays. There's a very high amount of noise showing on the lcd's.
However, when Ipress the shutter button half way down, the display (on either one) actually improves to what I imagine it should lopok like,albeit briefly while it focuses the shot, then it returns to a high noise display again. Is this a trait withthis camera or something I need to do in the setup? I've tried setting itfrom 60 fps refresh rate and back to 30 fps, no change.
Not what I expected from a 235kviewfinder display.
No other quirks other than this, the images are great.

Thanks

Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:13 AM   #2

Justwanted toadd that the views in daylight are no problem, only indoors or at night are the lcd's very noisey. My Kodak dx4530 had a better low light view so I was/am surprised the Fuji isn't as good for the price. Otherwise it looks great with better lighting.

On another note, just been taking some shots outside and so far have kept the iso at 80, no noise on the images whatsoever, very happy with the image quality.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:54 AM   #3

I own a S5500 with similar LCD/EVF performance (only 115k) - you can see the individual pixels. EVFs are not yet as good a display as an optical viewfinder (in this price range) but it is a TTL (through the lens) view with no parallax and around 100% view. The half-press view is after auto focussing. I am happy with my little brother and I'm sure you will be with the S9500.

Bill
bilzmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:24 AM   #4

I can certainly live with it, just wasn't expecting it to be so noisey. Absolutely perfect outside so with 90% of my shots being there I can't grumble.
Thanks.