Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:42 AM   #1

Hi I am an industrial design student from India,
I have a Fuji Finepix S7000, which was working really fine, and I was happy with its performance, but suddenly something has gone wrong with it.
When I started it on last Tuesday (11th Oct05) it froze twice, the playback mode was working but nothing was happening in shooting mode. After trying for some time and resetting the camera it started working but all image are looking like, that it's been vertically motion blurred! In the electronic viewfinder also similar thing is happening.

There is some example of the images taken after that:

One utter coincidence is, on the very same day I found some news on some gizmo site, which is very similar!
According to which,
In the past week, four major camera makers, Sony, Fuji, Konica-Minolta and Canon have quietly published service advisories admitting their digital cameras are dying..

Check those reports out here,
http://www.retrothing.com/2005/10/defective_digit.html
http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/digita...ies-130262.php
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article...33&tid=137

I think I am having exactly the same problem as those stated in the news.
I found a advisory of Fuji from those site here,
http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...quicklink=true

According to this, only these cameras might have been affected,
Model Serial Number Range
FinePix A303 3JA4****~3JA5****
FinePix F410 32A1**** 32A6****~32A7**** 32A9****
FinePix F700 33A0**** 34A1****

My camera is,FinePix S700, Serial No. 42A03227.

My camera does not fall under those serial numbers but I am sure it's the same problem.
And as far as I know FinePix F700 uses the same 6.3 MP CCD as FinePix S700 does.

Now my problem is I cant find any email address of (potential) Fuji camera support center on its site where I can state my problem and ask for help.

Could anybody please give me the email address of Fuji support center? Or suggest me what to do?

I had spent a lot of money on this camera and can't afford to buy another one in near future, and cant live without a camera. Any help to repair this camera in India would be greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Saikat Biswas,
Delhi, India

saiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2005, 3:39 AM   #2

No reply in 2 weeks!
Old Oct 27, 2005, 3:47 AM   #3
AWT

With such massive blur and chromatic abberation it's almost as though one of the lens elements has come loose... Maybe it's locking because it can't electrically initialise the lens.

Andy
AWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 4:03 AM   #4

AWT wrote:
Quote:
With such massive blur and chromatic abberation it's almost as though one of the lens elements has come loose... Maybe it's locking because it can't electrically initialise the lens.

Andy
I thought it's CCD problem!
And the news I posted above says that only.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:33 AM   #5

Those pictures are kinda weird looking. If you bang on the camera does it go back to normal? I have an A70 that i got and it was all black then i bang on it and i get a purple cast that looks similar to your pictures. I took it all apart and rebuilt it and then i got a pefect picture and all the images look normal. I let it sit a few days with no use then i tirned it on again it was back to an all black image, wheni bang on it its normal again. Im not sure if its the CCD or not, ide hate to send it back to canon and then they tell me its another issue and then they want some labor fees or some shit.
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:37 AM   #6

imo:

probably is mechanical lens damage

this extending lens assembly is relatively fragile

after (if) you get it fixed, attach the adapter tube (and leave it on the camera at all times)

good luck
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote