Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 16, 2005, 9:58 PM   #1

FujiFilmFinePix S9000 Zoom | Digital Camera Review :

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/review/61/page_1.html

Scroll right at the bottom of the page and click on "NEXT".

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:18 PM   #2

For once a review I can agree with, I thought the run down was spot on with my own experience using this camera. It also brought the image compression to my attention which I hadn't given any thought to. Hopefully Fuji will address this in a firmware upgrade and allow some more image modes.
I'm hoping Photoshop will bring out a raw update for this camera soon too, that raw editor is the best.

Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 11:42 PM   #3

Very positive review, certainly a versatile camera for all kind of photo shoots.

I've checked Best Buy for many weeks, hopefully to get one, yesterday they listed as backordered, very disappointed to wait for the new shipment. The S5200 is available on lineonly not in the stores, Fry's also has it on display, but not carry the S9000.

The review briefly mentioned about the shutter release cable but didn't go further, we all know the cable is used to minimize camera shake for macro photography,so what else can we mess around with it?Maybe a trip to the hardware store will do.:-)

The conclusion said, no image stabilization, no problem, we'llget around it easily without switching to the onboard anti-blur mode.

Ah, the fifth generation sensor took years to complete, no wonder Nikon isseing the grass on Fuji side is greener than Sony.

In the meantime, let's try something called S9000 cheap shot. Get grandma's magnifying reading glass to shoot with super macro or using any soldering magnifying loupe to see how the pictures come out, you'll laugh all night long.

By the way, don't forget to return the glass to grandma.:-)

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 4:23 PM   #4

Spyder wrote:
Quote:
I'm hoping Photoshop will bring out a raw update for this camera soon too, that raw editor is the best.
Hi Spyder.

If you ever get the chance to use the Fuji hyper utility for raw you will never want to use anythig else.The latest update has the s9000/s9500 settings in it. If you are going to do a lot of raw give a lot of thought to spending your money on it.

Sel ........ :-)
SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 5:04 PM   #5

So, what is this amazing "hyper-utility" you are talking about?
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 6:45 PM   #6

jphess wrote:
Quote:
So, what is this amazing "hyper-utility" you are talking about?
It is the full Fuji raw converter

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=15430400

http://www.digital-cameras.com/acces...-software.html

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji...pro/page14.asp

Sel .......... :-)

SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:06 AM   #7

Thanks SelNZ, I can only vouch for the photoshop raw because that's what I'm used to. I was/am a little bummed that the hyper software didn't come on my Fuji cd, just the raw converter, no editor. I'll wait for the photoshop raw update if it ever comes, it's cheaper.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote