Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 21, 2005, 7:23 PM   #1

Hello All,

Visited Photo Expo 2005 in New York City yesterday.

Took some over the shoulder shots with my S9000.

These shots prove to me that Fuji has delivered on their high ISO claims.

Yes, they are technically wanting. But photographically, they capture the moment and ambiance, and color, and detail to my satisfaction.

I hope you find these interesting.

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/901393

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:40 PM   #2

Beautiful shots, the best camera in its class.

I'mwondering why you used ISO 800 for the shots of the model with plenty of light? Ah, camera shake, she is a beautiful girl, your hands are so shaky that you had to use high ISO.

Me, If I were there, probably I need ISO 10,000 , 800 is not enough to keep my hands steady, along with some stabilization pills too.:-)

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 8:34 AM   #3

Hi Cold Shot and All,

The light was quite low for the blonde model. The light I had available was the Photog's continuous fill light, to which he added his own strobe light at time of exposure.

I did not use my own flash so that I would not interupt the Photog's presentation.

This is why I shot 800. I am still testing/learning my camera.

My pics have been Post Processesd ( just as almost all my pics regardless of which camera I use before my S9000).

I am quite satisfied with my S9000. This camera delivers Fuji's high ISO promise.

Not perfectly, but almost perfectly, when you realize I have 28mm - 300 mm, and a usable ISO 80 to 800 in my hands. True color, ambience, sharpness. At a very reasonable price.

Regards, Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 10:25 AM   #4

Congratulation, you've got the S9000. This camera will give you all the tools needed to learn all aspect of photography. Try shooting at low ISO, drag the shutter speed at full zoom, try double exposure, try some simple studio set up, try to blind the camera with some home made soft filters, try high ISO to learn the characteristic of noise,mess around withwhite balance...what camera gives you all these capabilities, not even some entry DSLR have all these features for you to learn, with the price tag of $700, it's cheap. Learn all you can with the S9000, you'll will be able to handle any camera out there, in real life shoot out you'll be a winner. I'm sure this is not your last camera, if later on you want to move up to DSLR, you know exactly which one to pick, the S9000 will be your second body, no complete DSLR system without a backup camera.

AA batteries improve everyday give the S9000 more shots per charge in the coming years as long as the flash light exists the S9000 will be still clicking.

Fuji still makes camera in Japan, who knows how long this will last, or it will follow suit other manufacturers to send their cameras to other countries to cut cost. It doesn't mean cameras make in other countries are worse, I'm talking about rarity, more value when you decide to sell it, especially with a wide range of featues like the S9000, you have no problem to find a buyer, you set the asking price firm. When buying a used camera, one made in Japan and one made sowhere else, which one you pick? I pick the one made in Japan, its originalbirth place.

There is more about this S9000 for you to discover, it's in your hands, it keeps you busy for a long time. I am monitoring Best Buy my nearest store to catch this camera first before going DSLR later.

If I decide to go back to do some serious shoot, I'lllook for the guy who has the S9000, no question about his skill. On the field I can signal to him from one end to the other what I'm doing and he has no problem what to set his camera or vice versa. I drag the shutter, he sets high ISO, I use full zoom he stays at half zoom...whitha less featurecamera we won't make it anywhere, we are on the same channel.

Never mind S9000 vs DSLR, mind this: S9000 vs S9000 = the A team, no fear.

Again, congratulation, keep moving, I get there soon.:-)

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote