Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 22, 2005, 3:36 PM   #1

Several Folks have asked for some Fuji S-5200 Natural Light mode photo samples. Keep in mind that the Natural Light mode "warms" the photo appearance by slightly increasing the color tempature (kelvin rating) and slightly increasing the color saturation.

In the Normal Light mode the ISO is fixed automatically in "auto iso" positionand the flash is turned off. In this particular photo, the ISO was automatically increased to ISO 400, the shutter set to 1/80, and the flash turned off.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2005, 6:44 PM   #2

In all fairness, I have to share with you that things turn a bit differently when you move in close-up with the Fuji Natural light mode. Skin tones become the most important factor in the photo when you move into the close-up situation.

That is where, only in my personal opinion, that the Fuji Natural Light mode begins to falter a bit. The reds become a bit excessive. Take a look at the following sample shot. The Kodak seems, once again in my opinion to move ahead of the Fuji Natural Light mode. At a distance the Fuji Natural light works well as we have seen demonstrated in the first photo in this thread. However, as you move to a close-up the red is too much. Tell me what you think, please?

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Oct 22, 2005, 6:55 PM   #3

Sarah,

I hate to say it, but I think I like the Fuji picture better in this st. I like the hair color better in the Fuji photo.

How does the AF compare between the P850 and the S5200? Which one tends to find its target faster? At wide angle? Long zoom? Low light?

Are you happy with both cameras?

Thanks
hotlantagolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 7:48 PM   #4

hotlantagolf-

They are about exactly the same. Naturally, when the zoom gets longer and under low light conditions the focus is slower.

Sarah Joyce
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:52 AM   #5

Hi Sarah

In regards as to color accuracy of the Kodak vs Fuji, is the blouse background color inthis photo light blue as in the Kodak print or white as in the Fuji print?

Richy
diccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 4:39 PM   #6

diccam-

The top background color I was wearing is actually white. Thus the Fuji is more accuarte.

Sarah Joyce
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:21 AM   #7

Hi Sarah,

Having just purchaed by first Fuji (S9500). Intially i was not happy with the results (compared to by Olympus C5050).

I am now feeling a little happier as it does appear that the photos I take are nearer to the original subjet in colour / shade etc.

I am becoming more fully aware of what I see is what I get.

My Olympus gives wonderful results (very flattering and artistic) but not neccessary accurate.

I luv you Kodak photo (my preference) but asdiscussed the colurs are not accurate and your eye colour has changed.

Arnold (still trying with S9500)
Arnold1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 11:56 AM   #8

Kodak and Olympus seem to do that

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 2:13 AM   #9

Sarah,
I'm new to the forums and to digital photography but have found myself intrigued by all the great things I've been hearing about this camera. Anyway, like several other people, I too prefer the Fuji photo. Aside from the remarks already made about color accuracy, the Kodak photo looks flat to me, as if you're blending into the background.
Max Diego is offline   Reply With Quote