Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 23, 2005, 5:46 AM   #1

Hey i am thinking of upgrading my camera to the s9500. In NZ it seems to be one of the best cams for the price with the most bang for buck. Can u guys tell me what ou like and dislike about this cam adn if you think there is somethign better out there for the money
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2005, 6:35 AM   #2

If I am allowed to link to another forum where yhe same question is asked try http://www.digi-darkroom.com/showthread.php?t=15608

Bill
bilzmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 7:54 AM   #3

Cloud Surfer and Nickphoto have also posted some excellent shots from the Fuji S-9000/S-9500. They are surely worth a look.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 5:32 PM   #4

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
Hey i am thinking of upgrading my camera to the s9500. In NZ it seems to be one of the best cams for the price with the most bang for buck. Can u guys tell me what ou like and dislike about this cam adn if you think there is somethign better out there for the money
Heres my opinion of it.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16

Great camera

Sel ....... :-)
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html
SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 5:39 PM   #5

Here is the link of the S9000 in the hands of an experienced photographer.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=15636530
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:53 PM   #6

Is the 9000/9500 any good? I'm afraid that is a question you will have to answer for yourself. Some people, experienced photographers, speak very highly of the camera. Others are not at all happy with it. I think it depends on what you expect from the camera. Personally, I have looked at many of the S9000 sample images that I have found in numerous places, and I think the camera produces an excellent image. Others who are looking for 100 percent noise free high ISO images are not speaking very kindly about the camera. If I could ever find the money to buy one, I think it would meet my needs for a long time. But then what I am looking for in a camera could very well be different than what you are looking for.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 12:03 AM   #7

We will see more beautiful pictures from the two newFuji cameras S9000, S5200. However, don't forget the old S series S5000, S5100, S7000... there are untold successful stories in real life performance nobody's heard about.

Three weeks ago, I attended a wedding as a guest, the official photographer was at he groom house to shoothis family, he missed the bride shots in the morning. I was at the bride house to help the decoration, it's a boring job. Itook my S5100 out and posed the bride for about 20 shots with her family until the wedding photographer showed up then I quit not to let him know what I was doing. I got one best shot. The day after, I rushed down to my lab to enlarge that picture and gave it to the bride. Later I've heard that she put itinthe front cover of her wedding album. I still have a copy of the shot but don't want to post unless I havea consent of the bride, I shall respect her right. I've seen the photographer's wedding shots sent to the couple, he is not an experienced one, your old Fuji camera can do better. I always love going back to the wedding days, if I'm crazy enough, I'll head that way with a new camera.

The old Fuji S series cameras also can produce awesome pictures if one is not afraid to try it harder.

In this Fuji forum, some will upgrade to the new S series camera, some don't intend to do so now, there will be the next FujiS versionsbetter than the S9000/S5200 next year. Don't throw away your oldcamera, they are as good as the new ones, the difference is you have to be a little more creative.

Get the lens shade out and hook up to your Fuji camera, but before doing that, spray one coat of flat black paint on the inside, and if possible, spray one coat of glossy black on the outside of the lens shade, set your camera the opposite way you normally set and you are on your way to the most beautiful shots you've ever had.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote