Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 24, 2005, 3:00 AM   #1

Hello All,

We were guests at a wedding and I brought my S9000 along.

The church pics were shot without flash, hand held from my vantage point from my seat.

I was about 70-80' feet away from the Bride & Groom.

The catering hall shots were taken with the built-in flash (believe it or not,.... I only became aware of the quality of the S9000 built-in flash when I had the images on my monitor). Again, they were taken from my vantage point of where we were sitting. ( I did not walk around the room to take pics).

I had some user problems at times, due to my not knowing how to operate the camera properly. I am still trying it out and applying the owner's manual info.

I am very pleased with my S9000. I will add more pictures to this gallery during the week.

It was a fantastic wedding day.

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/908128/1

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:33 AM   #2

They look grainy to me. What was the iso?
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:54 AM   #3

Nick-

Under the conditions that you described, I think that these wedding photos are great. I would guess that many were distant and had to be cropped. You were limited to either existing light or the on camera flash. I am sure the bride, groom, and guests will be very please with your photos.

Thanks for posting them.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 1:05 PM   #4

I agree. While they are quite a bit noisy, I'm sure he had to use ISO800 or even 1600 to get these.

For anyone who hasn't tried taking indoor pictures at a wedding...let me just say this...ugh. I brought an S2 to my brothers wedding and while we had some decent shots come out, MANY were blurry from both subject movement AND camera shake.

Most of the non flash fill images were exposed between 1 second and 1/10th of a second (indoors). Not very good, considering people don't stay still!! The flash fill photos were much quicker and usually ended up with a good image as long as the subject wasn't too far away.

Thanks for the post!
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 7:01 AM   #5

Hello Sarah, Sogod98 and All,

It is good to hear your comments especially when both of you know the difficulties involved when one is a guest at a wedding.

I just added additional images from the wedding.

Please remember the dance floor shots were only with my S9000's built-in flash.

I am pleased with the captured moments, which makes up for the several low photographic results due to streching my built-in flash's capabilities.

I can't wait to use my S9000 with my bracket, off camera flash and second light:

http://www.nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/908128/1

Regards, Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote