Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 17, 2005, 5:40 PM   #11

I have the S2 & 5200.

The 5200 does not have a manual zoom. The 2 bottom suggestion is for manual focus, not zoom.

The 5200 does not zoom in video mode. The S2 does.

I sold the S2 on ebay. I record live music & the video sound mode sucks on the S2. I've tried the wind filter & it still distorts. Fujis have excellent sound (s5000 & 7000). The 5200 will be tested soon. Low light pictures are much better on the 5200.

More to follow.

golfblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:05 AM   #12

hi
hope i can help too.
i just bought fuji s5600 and i think is a good camera. you just have to play with it
:-)
Attached Images

kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:05 AM   #13

or this one. hope i can help
no flash
shutter speed 2 sec
lens apperture /F7,2
iso 400
Attached Images

Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:05 AM   #14

see more
Attached Images

Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:05 AM   #15

and finally ...
Attached Images

Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:24 PM   #16

u can view some of the pictures i took with my fuji s5200 here
http://www.idiot.profusehost.net/
idiot_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:59 AM   #17

Enjoyed your pix, and thought all were quite good, but was perplexed by lack of definition of this close-up of the girl. Was searching for focus point, but every surface appears to lack definition. A shot I'd think the 5200 would have no problems with (and surely neither Panny FZ5 or &amp. Any thoughts on why this occured?

kamina wrote:
Quote:
and finally ...
TLB39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 5:48 AM   #18

Umm image stabliser vs hi iso.

Each of the two techniques have ther own pros and cons as everything tneds too

IMages Stablzr
I.S is great to eliminate hand shake when composing long zoom shots are medium shutter speeds of super slow shutter at wide angle. I own the pana fz30 which uses a physical gyroscope (Glass which simulates opposite movement in order to cancel actual movement on the camera) to minimise blur. NOWWWWW if composing long shutter shots at a static subject OIS (Optical IMage Stzr) is fantastic because the subject is fixed and the majority of the movement will result from you moving or shaking of your camera. This will be minmised or canceled out totally from the gyro OIS. so you wilget nice sharp shotseven at lo shutter.

Now the flip side is if you are taking a lo shutter shot at a moving subject OIS doesnt do jack. Ofcourse the ois is awesome for minimising and eliminating camera shaking and blurring caused respectively BUT an OIS generates no advantage to a moving subject as the shutter speed is stil slow and the image will still be blurred due to the subject movement.

HI ISO
Now iso is the sensetivity of the ccd. The more sensative the ccd is (hi iso) the less time it needs to collect the equivalent light values. Example: iso 100 would need 6sec, where as iso800 would only need maybe 1sec to capture the equivalent exposure. So ofcourse as you can see iso is a determining factor to shutter speed. So ofcourse a higher shutter speed will be a result of higer iso. and a hi shutter speed will result in less or no motion blurring.

Now how does hi iso help with blurring. When composing a shot a higher iso level lets the camera achieve the correct exposure at a much higher shutter speeed due to the increased sensativity of the ccd. As we no the faster the shuter the les bluring. Fuji counteract bluring at traditional lo shutter situations by introducing highly sensative hi iso ccds which hike up shutter speeds to do this.

The biggest advantage tht hi isos have over ois is tht ois only realy has advtanges on stationary subjects. remember ois only cancels adtual camera shake and movement NOT subejct movement. OIS does not increase the shutter speed in any way.

Hi iso however is great becasue you can compose shots that would traditionally blur in poor conditions bcse with the increased iso the shutter speed is incrreasing therefore not only reducing blur from moviement in the camera and hand shaking BUT movement in the subject becase the shutter speed is faster.

Now as ois ther is a flip side. Hi iso photos usually result in very hi noise levels. I use my fz30 as hi as iso200 before i call it quits on the noise. fujis are generally less noisey than pana cams so iso can prob be hiked up alot more. Noise is dependant on the individual and is often viewed as irregularities in the image.

So conclusively taking a lo light photo of static landscape (no branches blowing around or movement etc) the ois is excellent becasue images can be taken at lower iso levels generating cleaner images with less noise.

Taking lo light photos of a moving backing (Grass swirling in wind etc etc) then the hi iso would be better as the higher shutter speed wil be able to minimise/stop the motion of the moving gras and minimise/eliminate any camera shake. Below i have made up some random numbers to try explain situation a bit better. this of this as both cams metering a situation where we are outside taking a landscape in a poor light condition where it is windy with branches blwing around the place.

Pana with OIS
Shutter: 1/2
Iso: 100
fstop: 4

Noise: Really really low due to lo iso
Camera Shake: Really really lo if not non existant due to OIS
Subject blurring: Medium to hi as long shutter time

Fuji with hi iso
Shutter: 1/32
Iso: 1600
fstop: 4

Noise: High level of noise due to hi iso
Camera Shake:lo if not non existant due to higher shutter speed
Subject blurring: lo to Medium depending on how fast subject is moving due to fastre shutter speed

So i gues looking at the above thts sorta the different way the 2 differnet technologies interpret the same photo taking situation both presenting ther own pros and cons.

hope this helps

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 4:37 PM   #19

hi

i'm undecided wich camera i will buy...i like the fuji s5600...but could you post a night photo to see the noise levels....a simple one...thx a lot...
blazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 6:50 PM   #20

FujiFilm FinePix S5200 Zoom ,Fujinon 6.3-63mm f3.2-3.5 zoom,Digital
1/30 sec @ f3.3 ISO 800 14.8mm hand held
Yarnspinner is offline   Reply With Quote