Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 24, 2005, 2:20 PM   #1

... from Japan - look here

Scroll down, down, down ...

If only I could translate the text ... :?
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:36 PM   #2

shutterbuggy-

Yes, I scrolled way, way, down and frankly, I was let down. I own the Fuji S-5200/S-5600 and I can provide all the samples you might desire. How about this one.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 7:07 AM   #3

sarah, i have read many of your posts and am still confused between the canon S2 is and fuji 5600. i am still unclear on how useful higher ISO spees will be wrt IS. i do a lot of nature photography. so perhaps u can guide me. from what i have read, IS is important for long zooms, which can be offset by higher ISO setting. so the real question is wherther a ISO 200 image stabilised imade with the S2 IS will be better or worse than a ISO 800 Fuji s5600 image
thanks,
gvaze
gvaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 8:36 AM   #4

gvaze,

IS is important for long zooms and yes it can be offest by higher iso. IS just helps get rid of that little shake that everyone has when their holding a camera and IS is good for lower shutter speed shots and boosting the iso like the 5600 does just causes the camera to use higher shutter speeds resulting in clearer pictures. and you said you do a lot of nature photography so Im guess your outdoors a lot. and on sunny days youll be able to get faster shutter speeds without having to use a real high iso but on cloudy days you might need it to get a shot and if you dont the higher iso is always their incause you need it. I myself own the canon S2 IS and its a great camera and it has a lot ofgood featuresbut theirs three things i like about the fuji s5600 that the canon S2 doesnt have and thats raw format, the higher iso, and the manual zooming. which the manual zoom i think would help a lot in nature photography. and being a canon s2 owner i am currently thinking about buying the s5600 for myself. so in my opinion i would get the s5600 but thats just me. hope this helps, because i know how hard it can be to decide on what camera you want. good luck.

Dean
badhabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:20 AM   #5

badhabbit05 wrote:
Quote:
and the manual zooming.
I don't believe the S5200 hasa manual zoom ring. The S9000 does.
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 1:07 PM   #6

Oh, thanks for the correction. I've been reading a lot into both of those models and i guess ive confused myself.

Dean
badhabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 6:36 AM   #7
mfm

Hi there..

Just to make a correction, Fuji S5200/5600 has manual zoom, but not using a ring. You have to push buttons.

Well.. I also want to buy a digital camera, but still very undecided between Fuji S5200/5600 and Panasonic Lumix FZ5. I've already read lots of reviews and opinions and see imagestaken with bothcameras. Although images taken with FZ5 tend to have more noise thanFuji ,Image quality seems a little better on the FZ5 than Fuji.

Maybe you can help me in this dificult decision.

Thanks
mfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 12:43 AM   #8

mfm
I went through the same process that you are going through. I agree that the Panasonic lens is really good and the image quality is very high, but the Fuji has more possiblity for growth than the FZ5 since it has more manual controls. Because of the high ISO it is also better in low light situations. It doesn't have IS but the antiblur works well. I went for the Fuji S5200 and am very pleased with it. Depends on what your specific needs and wants are.

Ruth
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 4:40 AM   #9

mfm wrote:
Quote:
Just to make a correction, Fuji S5200/5600 has manual zoom, but not using a ring. You have to push buttons.
Ummm. What is usually understood under "manual zoom" is a zoom (typically) operated by turning a *mechanical* zoom ring as opposed to zooming by pushing buttons and by means of electric motors...

cheers, nymano.
nymano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:32 PM   #10

Could you clear something up for me can you use the zoom in movie mode on the 5200/5600 like you can on the s2is? Is the anti-blur as good as cannons is?
new boy is offline   Reply With Quote