Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 31, 2005, 5:49 PM   #31

" moving subject, long zoom = anti shake useless"

In the sense that the anti shake does nothing to freeze the subject's movement - eg where you're photographing a bird while it's wings are flapping - that's correct.

But if the subject is moving at a steady rate - e.g. an aircraft in flight - you have to move the camera to keep up with it. The camera may still shake as you move - & in this case, the anti shake function is a great help in dealing with the shake.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:40 PM   #32

B1ue wrote:
Quote:
Per, when I go to that Google site I get a page with 4 different sections:
*Search Specific Languages or Countries
*Translate
*Use the Google Interface in Your Language
*Visit Google's Site in Your Local Domain
Ok, I got it,using the same URLhere gave the Swedish page without translation tools (as Swedish is not included). Changing the settings to English helped! But you're right, it's not easy to tell what they're saying,it's obvious that the Korean translation tool is abeta version :?The Russian reviews are atleast readable usingBabelFish...

:idea:HOWEVER: from my conclusion ofthe antiblur/stabilisator discussion and checking numerous reviewstimeshundreths ofcrops, as told, I ordered the FZ30...It has just arrived here and I'm spending time now to learn all the features including the IS system. Looks great so far though I haven't had any nice photo targets yet beside my living room (it's not that nice)!

The decisioncould have beenan S9500 as well if I had ordered at another point during this dubious decision time but you gotta think of what your main camera usage will be about and from that, what features will serve you best! Also,what backdraws that you actually can workaround. It's been really clear that whatever choice I'vemade, it'scompromisingsomething!

Now it's time to go out there for some great photos! Really looking forward to it!! :|

/Per
PeHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:23 PM   #33

Does it matter that in the russian comparasin that when you translate it you can then read the notes on the IS camera imagesthat say that they used software to enhance the image of the panasonic in the raw format.

It was a week ago when I read it so I cant remember exactly and dont have the time to retranslate it but I believe they used at least 3 enhancements on the panasonic and none on the Fuji.

Is it my imagination or is it a bit biased.

I also noticed that the color of the images are identical and I would think that there would be some variation on the outside ones, but Im an ametuer I may not know what Im talking about. The whole thing just seemed not quite right to me especially when you really study the panasonic images.

mnosbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:11 AM   #34

I can't read (though you can't be all safe with an autotranslated page) that they have postprocessed the FZ30 differently from the S9500. It would be very odd if they had...

In the first part,they've used the RAW (sensor) output from both cameras and then exactly the same process values through Photoshop/ACR which seems as fair as it could be to me.

With the camera inplace, I've tried the IS system in practice and it's clear that for another 2-3 exposure steps it really works as an invisible, very portable tripod! Not trained at all in 'anti-shake shooting' it's still absolutely no problem at all to take razor sharp images, studied pixel by pixel full size (the FZ30 lens is stunning!) at 420 mm and 1/125 sec. I will try slower speed/focal lengthsas well...By that, I can easily shoot at ISO 80 or 100 instead ofISO 400 and don't have to worry aboutnoise.

/Per
PeHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:30 AM   #35

PeHa wrote:
Quote:
it's still absolutely no problem at all to take razor sharp images, studied pixel by pixel full size (the FZ30 lens is stunning!) at 420 mm and 1/125 sec.
As slow as 1/8 sec is not unrealistic, as I've got clear images at that speed (432mm) as well with my S2...Not reliably though! 1/16 and 1/32 is much more reliable.
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 4:10 PM   #36

I have a question about Antiblur and optical stabilization.

When I look photo (Testing the digital cameras Panasonic FZ30 and FujiFilm S9500)
on this link http://minilien.com/?Ah6Ge0XsLF

How explain the difference between FZ30 and S9500.

In Example N62 JPEG
Photo of FZ30 are beautiful, net. And photo of S9500 are not beautiful.

Why S9500 photo are so bad in real size ?

And how to understand this:

And In Example N63 RAW
Converter: Adobe Camera RAW Ver. 3.2
Ok for FZ30 but ACR ver.3.2 don't decode RAW from S9500 !!!

aglaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:33 PM   #37

aglaee

Well, ACR 3.2 does not decode RAW files from FZ30 and S9500, but can be "tricked" to do so by patching it's code - this is exactly what mr. Russian Guy did.

As for your question "Why S9500 photo are so bad in real size ?" - here's the answer:

Murphy says: "If you collect enough facts, you can support any theory". Once again - this is exactly what mr. Russian Guy did.

In general, Panasonic Jpegs are over-sharpened, while S9500 produces much softer images (like most dSLRs do), with comparable (or even better) level of detailis.

x7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 8:59 PM   #38

x7497 wrote:
Quote:
aglaee

Well, ACR 3.2 does not decode RAW files from FZ30 and S9500, but can be "tricked" to do so by patching it's code - this is exactly what mr. Russian Guy did.

As for your question "Why S9500 photo are so bad in real size ?" - here's the answer:

Murphy says: "If you collect enough facts, you can support any theory". Once again - this is exactly what mr. Russian Guy did.

In general, Panasonic Jpegs are over-sharpened, while S9500 produces much softer images (like most dSLRs do), with comparable (or even better) level of detailis

I'd go along with that. In fact I have tried that trick with ACR 3.2 and the results are rubbish compared with Fujis own hyper utilty. S7raw is much better as well. Have you seen this.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji...pro/page16.asp
When I had my s7000 there was no comparison. Hyper utiility was way ahead and now with the 9500 and E550 it the same. The only problem is the price. I don't think other types of raw converters properly take into account the Fiji super ccd.

As for the fz30, (IMO) it has a lack of shadow detail. Spend some time looking at photos on the net. The photos are very contrasty which make it worse. That is why they look sharper. Also as you say it over sharpens in camera. It is very easy to make a s9500/9000 photo look like a fx30. Add a lot of contrast, saturation and loads of sharpening, but you can't go the other way and make an fz30 photo look like a s9500/9000, I know I have tried.
But I would really like the fz30 lens on my s9500 and it is a nice camera to use. I kept the s9500.

Sel ......... :-)

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html

SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 10:06 PM   #39

SelNZ,

I am completely on your side - I do own S9500. Well, it's a complementarycamera for me, but still - FZ30 in many ways is far far behind S9500's capabilities. I would really appreciate OIS and better controls on Fuji, though. :-)
x7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:08 AM   #40

I understand what you say.
(I have a lot of difficulty with english langage. And when english is translate from russia ... :sad
thank you all for your reply.

aglaee is offline   Reply With Quote