Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 27, 2005, 12:25 AM   #1

I have just gotten my new Fuji S5200 and I'm delighted with it. It has its flaws--I'd like a bigger LCD for example, but it takes wonderful pictures. It's my first digital camera so I'm a complete novice and I'm loving being able to take lots of pictures without worrying about using up film. It's been easy to learn the basics and I'm already starting to play with manual controls. It feels good in my hands and I've had very few blurry pictures (long focus low light for those) which given that I have a tremor is fantastic. The antiblur works well. I've put up more pictures at:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...&members=1

Except for the rose which was cropped and fixed a bit the only pp was resizing. I thought people would be more interested in what it looks like right out of the camera. I have a huge amount to learn and am glad that there are so many knowledgable friendly people here.
Ruth
Attached Images

rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2005, 9:01 AM   #2

Ruth-

Congratulations on your new Fuji S-5200, and welcome to the digital world. Thanks for posting your photos. They look very good indeed.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:18 AM   #3

Once you're hooked on digital photography, you're hooked for good. I also have a Fuji S5200, and it's an amazing camera. I took the shot below fromover a half mile away, and when I zoom in on the uncompressed original, I can clearly read the stop sign and see individual bricks on the red house below the church. This is a hand-held shot at full-zoom, ISO 200, F/3.2, 1/580 sec.
Attached Images

toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:53 AM   #4

Yes, I'm completely hooked. Nice shot. And MT thanks for the welcome and kind words.
Ruth
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:29 PM   #5

Rags, congratulation. Good choice!

toshi43 wrote:
Quote:
This is a hand-held shot at full-zoom, ISO 200, F/3.2, 1/580 sec.
Hey toshi, did you raise the ISO to prevent camera shake or...?
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:35 AM   #6

swgod98 - Nope, I just took a deep breath and held the camera as steadily as I could.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote