Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:04 AM   #1

Took two shots the first one on ISO 80 F2.8 2sec and the second shot was taken in Natural light mode ISO 800 F2.8 1.4 sec. In the bottom right corner two full size crops of the particular picture. I think the ISO 800 shot is not looking to bad. The shots are straight from the camera.

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2005, 8:34 AM   #2

Fuji super ccd.

http://www.photoreporter.com/article...;articleID=343

Fuji eye, story on the left.

http://www.businessweek.com/1999/99_47/b3656012.htm

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:20 AM   #3

The question is why would you bother with the ISO800 shot anyway at those sorts of shutter speeds its going to be tripod work anyway, so why settle for a way less than perfect picture. To be honest I couldn't live with that ISO800 shot it's pretty awful in my book but I have never gone for the "Grainy" look even with 35mm film.

Andy
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:42 AM   #4

Andy_Lee wrote:
Quote:
The question is why would you bother with the ISO800 shot anyway at those sorts of shutter speeds its going to be tripod work anyway, so why settle for a way less than perfect picture. To be honest I couldn't live with that ISO800 shot it's pretty awful in my book but I have never gone for the "Grainy" look even with 35mm film.

Andy
Because this is just an example so you can see the difference between iso 80 and iso 800. There are a lot of situations where you can only use iso 800 because the object is moving.
And you don't want to use your flash.

Look at these two sample pictures the top one is taken with iso 400 and the bottom one with iso 80. The top one is much nicer, another reason to shoot pictures at iso 400. Ever tried your flash with iso 80 ??? you won't reach the end of your room now try it with iso 400 !

Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:05 PM   #5

Don't worry about noise at high ISO. If I have only one choice of the space vehicle shot at ISO 800 for my portfolio where noise is visible, I have an option to print it at my trusted local lab print size 8X10 or 11X14 depend on my portfolio size. The picture is much better than seeing on the monitor.

Same thing, If I shoot a wedding and the situation in the reception hall force me to shoot at high ISO, sure I'm not affraid to shoot at high ISO and later print at the lab for my client, the pictures are much better with moderate enlargement size than printing at home letter size. The new commercial printing machine Fuji Frontier and Noritshu are more sophisticated than the ones ten, fifteen years ago, these machines are equipedfor digital images, the problem is to find a good lab where technicians are well trained. Try it, you'll will see a new option availableto you when you havea critical shot you want to enlarge big size.

http://isolation.net/photo/dmini/
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote