Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:41 AM   #1

I have very much enjoyed the 1 month that I have had the S9500. It was within my budget and I feel I have gotten the best value. This is my second fuji camera but with the same problem. The recorded sound on the movie is horrible. It has this "talking in a metal can" quality,this aspect issignificantly more pronounced on the S9500.

I am not sure if this feature is a concern to others but it was one of the my main buying points to have a digital like slr with movie capabilities. This is one aspect that I did not check out when I made the purchase since with my previous fuji camera, I had accepted lower quality movie and sound.

Any advice would be welcomed.

AllenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:32 AM   #2

Problem solved! Thank you for everyone that viewed this thread.

The equalizer on the PC was such that it created the distorted sound.

It has been an interesting night and day (I am in Hong Kong). Could not sleep thinking of this problem. Next day, I went to the extent of going to the camera store to audition the FujifilmS5600 because it has a front facing mic. I recorded and downloaded the video (from the S5600) along with another video off the S9500, behold, the sound was fine. The S9500 was better and more natural then the S5600. Which is when I realized the single point of the problem was my home PC. Sure enough after adjusting the equalizer on my home PC, the sound is fine, not sterophonic like my Sony Camcorder but good enought.

Great Camera!
AllenK is offline   Reply With Quote