Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 2, 2005, 7:19 AM   #1

HI,
I bought Fuji S5600 just yesterday. Took Photos and downloaded 2 PC with FinePix Software and fine, No prob. I took some video (640x 480) and tried downloading to PC, the software gets hanged, no response even after 5 minutes. I tried connecting camera again , tried taking another video, but again same, even tried reinstalling the software. (OS is WinXP). Photos never showed such aprob, Only prob is with video. What could b reason? Any Solution.
ThankYou.
drspking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:57 AM   #2

There are a number of things that could be contributing to the problem. Are you trying to download using a USB 1 connection? That could pose a problem. Most digital video cameras connect to the computer using a FireWire connection because it is much faster. Have you tried just using Windows Explorer and dragging the file to your computer?
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:27 AM   #3

drspking
I own a S5500 and I had the same problem. I believe the camera-software is the same with the S5200/S5600. I changed the USB-mode in the set-up menu and it works fine now.
I don't use the finepix-software, butI downloaded the USB-driver from Fuji-site.
franss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 5:57 AM   #4

i seem to have nothing but trouble with the Fuji software...especially their one to burn movies to VCD...

if you use Windows XP you shouldn't even need to install a driver

use the XP's own photo wizard... I find it best

installing Finepix viewer over-rides some of the XP's stuff..... i never install it
fabianfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:30 AM   #5

The problem has vanished. I happened to do a reinstall of My PC's OS and installed latest Directx. After that it shows no problem, it works well. But i copied without using software. Dont know how it would b with the software, mayb it wont create any problem.
drspking is offline   Reply With Quote