Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:42 PM   #121

Thanks Bob will wait for your further comment beforeentering as good or bad.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:36 PM   #122

Test image i shot earlier in the day, check out the far left of the image - in every shot so far its been blurred! I guess its safe to say 54Q01071 BAD :sad:

www.jml.net/~uglybob/Dscf0039-copy.jpg

//John
uglybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 7:48 PM   #123

Hi guys been lurking about here -reading this with a lot of interest.

I am starting to think my 53q S9500 is faulty - faulty focus. I think another phone call to fuji is in order? What happens if I want to send my cam to them - do they pay for postage etc???

Some example of pics taken so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe90bentley/
joe90bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 8:13 PM   #124

well....I phoned up the shop who put me onto the head office of the chain (Photo Hut.. here in Thailand)

they offered to replace it with a new camera.. but will have to wait for the new year... stocks are low and it sells very well here... a shop gets one or two cameras and they're gone same day

I said OK but might change to a different make/model ... they said Ok

I might go for a Panasonic DMC LX - 1, since I now have the Olympus E-1 for my studio.... and my S7000 is still in use, but with an external flash unit

the 9500 can be a great one.... as long as you get a perfect one

still like Fuji cameras.....

my advise to anyone who is in doubt about their camera...... change it, as often as necessary, until you are satisfied
fabianfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 1:08 AM   #125

Is there a focus/exposure check to make sure you don't have a faulty camera?
Any suggestions?
Edster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 3:05 AM   #126

Fabian, Joe, Jan, Bob, Andy Lee, uncle Tom Cobbley and all . . . . . . .

Sorry to hear you're all having problems too. I am currently on my third 9500/9000 and am currently running it through a series of tests at the moment. I am still not sure whether this one is going back or not yet. The camera looks and feels great and has all the features we would like. It just somehow doesn't preform that well.

Fuji have told me that they will happily deal with individual customers enquiries.

I am thinking that an open formal letter of enquiry be sent to Fujifilm's Customer Services Department, Head of Marketing, Press Office, a few senior directors and share holders,and all the digital photography magazines, highlighting the problems and frustrations experienced by many owners.

Let us all, with the power of 21st Centuary world wide communication get our heads together, pool our resources and write that darn letter. Let us unhappy customers let the world know what a piece of junk this camera is turning out to be.

I think now is the time to demand some answers and a formal investigation from Fujifilm.

Let's not get complacent. Let's write that letter now!

I intend contacting the British Photography magazines here in the UK and will make some tentative phone calls later.

[align=center]Let's make some F*****g noise NOW![/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:36 PM   #127

My 54A03228 is great. I couldn't be happier!
Attached Images

tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:57 PM   #128

Joe your photos look great. Nothing wrong I could see. This photo looks better at full size without all the jpg compression needed to get it under 250k.

This is a little better

http://static.flickr.com/42/79320255_bc6363ab6b_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Attached Images

tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 2:39 PM   #129

Well been doing some precise test shots, just using some random "stuff" I had laying around this room - all correctly lined up using rulers/setsquares etc
The results are quite shocking, I knew it had an issue but nothing this severe!

http://www.jml.net/~uglybob/DSCF0255.JPG

Taken using manual focus mode, check the left-side again, this is also the best image it could produce as a whole still looks very soft i think! :sad:

Well I aint going to get much done now with getting it sorted over the new year period, just not sure wether to contact my online retailer or fuji tech support? Advice please guys?

Thanks,
John
uglybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 3:11 PM   #130

Re posting by uglybob http://www.jml.net/~uglybob/DSCF0255.JPG

well done for using this picture to put acrossyour concernsabout focusing issues.Thepicture you have posted needs to go directly to Fuji,it is a classic example of the issuesregarding focusingthat many user are complaining about.I am confident that more experienced members will give you some very constructive feedback.
Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote