Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:29 PM   #161

I "WAS" going to order a S9000, but I just dont feel comfortable now. Im sure its an awsome camera "IF" you get one that has no problems, but I cant see takinga chance spending that kind of money and hoping that I get a good one.....
Cwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:59 PM   #162

I'm keeping my third. The other two had blown pixels on the EVF and LCD. The second was showing up on images. I am getting some good results with my third.

I think the key here is to buy from a good retailer that will either offer an exchange or your money back if you are not entirely satisfied with it for any reason. I haven't heard of any stubborn retailers to date.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Regards

ISoS
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:52 PM   #163

Cwood wrote:
Quote:
I cant believe that they would sit there and write that back. Im sure a few S9000 have went back, but for them to say that they havent had ANY in for repair is strange. What do you think??
Well I suppose that wouldimply thatthe posters on this forum and others, who quoted serial numbersthat were acknowledged to be faulty, that were returned and eitherreplaced with anew camera or sent back with a repair slip notification, are all liars (andapparently Fuji themselvesin those cases where service repair slips were issued).

I must confess that it had never occured to methat so many dishonest or deludedcamera ownersmight frequentdifferent photographic forums across the world.

Whichbegs the question - where are all those returned serial numbers now?Glad I've been maintaining a comprehensive record of those numbers - would hate to think that somebody I knowmight haverun the risk of ending upwithone as a new purchase.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:27 AM   #164

fabianfred wrote:
Quote:
Welll.........latest update...

I got my S9500 back from repairs after over four weeks....

the repair slip said they replaced a 'card' in the camera...

Just one recent,but apparentlynow bogus, reportofan imaginedrepair.

I wonderwhy fabian ismaking up stories like this.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:40 AM   #165

Arnold1896 wrote:

Contacted Fuji, they reviewed sample pics and yes the suspect 'it has developed a fault' and have ask for it the be returned.

Brought from Dabs serial number 53Q04725, does this begin to sound familiar.

I await Fuji investigations.

Arnold

More porkies?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:47 AM   #166

Andy_Lee wrote:
Quote:
Well mine came back from Fuji UK today and guess what it now takes great pictures even in Idiot Proof point and shoot mode.
Don't see much point in regurgitating a whole number of similar posts from across many threads and a number of different forums. Suffice to say that9000/9500s have clearly been returned and either 'repaired' or replaced -assuming of course, that the various posters have not fabricated their experiences.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:57 AM   #167

I personally have reported two 9x00 with faults to Fuji.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:44 AM   #168

I was finally able to contact the Australian help desk today.

Looks like me camera is going for a trip to the service/repairs centre. They will not and did not acknowledge that there is a problem but sent me an email after talking to the them.

But in the email they did say: "Your camera will need to be looked at by our technicians."

Just to clarify if my understanding is right. When the camera is in single AF mode, the servo and focusing should not be active until I half depress the shutter button. They are only supposed to be constantly active when the camera is set to continuos AF. They told me over the phone that I was wrong and that in al modes except manual focus the servo was active. That just does not make sense to me.

At least I have a bit of hope since others have received their S9X00 back working perfectly after "repairs".

I am just sending off my camera off at a very bad time as there is a festival on next week. And there is no chance I will get my camera back before then.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:55 AM   #169

Best of British luck to you Shadow.

Can't speak for SA luck. :lol:
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:32 AM   #170

In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:
Best of British luck to you Shadow.

Can't speak for SA luck. :lol:
Due to recent circumstances a gag order has been placed to stop further humilation of the Sth African criketing efforts (at least that is what we think they have been trying to play:?:G)

So I will refrain from commenting on the remark about "SA luck"

:G:G:G:G
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote