Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 10, 2006, 6:39 AM   #171

Some reassuring quotes:

To date, we have had no Finepix S9000 sent into our repair facilities for any known issues.

[align=right]Fujifilm[/align]
[align=right][/align]
[align=left]When you confront a problem you begin to solve it.
Rudy Giuliani
[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]You won't find a solution by saying there is no problem.
William Rotsler
[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]It isn't that they can't see the solution. It's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton
[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.
Richard Bach
[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Don't think of problems as difficulties. Think of them as opportunities for action.
Author Unknown
[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]There are things that are so serious that you can only joke about them.[/align]
[align=left]Heisenberg[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Houston - there is no problem. Everything is fine up here.[/align]
[align=left]ISoS[/align]
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 6:57 AM   #172

shadowlies wrote:
Quote:
Due to recent circumstances a gag order has been placed to stop further humilation of the Sth African criketing efforts (at least that is what we think they have been trying to play:?:G)
Shadow you haven'toverlooked the fact that youstill have to play us on our home turf in the not too distant future, have you

Although we could do with some coaching on 'catching' before we depart your shores
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:09 AM   #173

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Shadow you haven'toverlooked the fact that youstill have to play us on our home turf in the not too distant future, have you

Although we could do with some coaching on 'catching' before we depart your shores
Yes ,it will be interesting when we arrive on your turf.

In regards to catching, the general consensus is that once the ball is in your hands......DON'T let go!:lol:

As for coaching before leaving our shores, I thought that is what happened during the 20/20. :G(Sorry, I just could not hold it in. I would have suffered physically injuries if I did not.) Amazing catches by Clarke in the deep.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:43 PM   #174

shadowlies wrote:
Quote:
"When the Finepix S9000 is set to the Anti-Blur mode, the camera will select a faster shutter speed to reduce camera shake and moving subject blur. This mode will assist you in obtaining sharper images. Make sure that the focus setting is on single autofocus. You can also attempt to reset the camera in the set up to try to resolve any bugs that the camera may have."

Hi Shadow, Have just re-read the reply you got from Fuji - don't mean to be rude but have you quoted them correctly? The last bit about the bugs in the camera has only struck me now - I'm assuming they're meaning incorrect set-up you've introduced?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 1:52 PM   #175

My first Fuji camera and my first posting here in this (or any other) Fuji forum.

I've been watching this thread with interest the last few days. Just had my 9500 for Christmas but only really had a chance to take photos the last few days or so. Still haven't managed to get out and take any outdoor shots though due to all this lovely miserable grey weather we are having here in Staffordshire. So my experience and observationis down to images shot indoors with flash or theusing natural mode etc.

My results seem mixed but I am putting this down to learning the camera. The results aren't quite as sharp as I'm used to but that's no real problem as I PP my shots anyway. The real success I've had are macro shots and the 9500 seems spot on and the images are nice and sharp in this mode. Anyone here with a faulty camera tried macro?

I've searched thru this thread and the faults that folk seem to highlight are AF problems and a general softness of images - have I missed any others? If anyone here is au fait with all theproblems mentioned could they confirm that?

On first impressions I think my 9500 is in clean health but until I get out and get some photographs taken I'll reserve judgment.

vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:38 PM   #176

Hi guys,

Just picked up 2nd S9500 from initial citylink depot about 45mins ago, eagerly unpacked and fired up the camera.. WOW what a difference! Instantly can see that there is not any major issues with this one, and AF time is very quick now.

Also noted that the camera now picks correct WB settins in Auto/P mode!

Will post some samples from the my 2nd S9500 later tonight.

Incase anyone is wondering, the serial no. of this one is 54Q19684 so far so good!

//John
uglybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:30 PM   #177

Great news Bob and hopefully the end of your woes -would seem that there was something clearly amiss with your first camera then. It would be helpful to others if you wouldnotewhere you think the obvious differences between the two cameras lays, once you've had a chance togivethe new one a good work-out.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 3:52 PM   #178

Well I yesterday brought back my second 9500: They promised to exchange it also, after I showed the pictures allways unsharp in the left area.

Had the same problem with my first one !! Looks like either the objektives are dismounted or the CCD chip is out of plane in that area.

Anyway I wonder how this two cams passed the endtest, or better how the endtest with Fuji look like!

Befor I owned the old Finepix 3500: Pictures were always crisp up to the corners.

I bought the first cam in the middle of october 2005 , returned it 4 days later. They send it to repair,- i got it back and nothing was changed (again: lousy enddest). Then that cam was exchanged. Got the second 9500 one week ago, and it has the same fault.

My opinion: FUJI DEFINETLY HAS A PROBLEM WITH THIS CAM !

aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:49 AM   #179

I have been down to talk to the shop where my camera was bought and they were really good. The Fuji rep is due around the middle of next week. Their intention is to have my camera exchanged. Great service, I hope they are not giving me false hope though.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 5:13 AM   #180

Well you shouldn't have introduced those 'bugs' in the first place Shadow :G

Hope you come right, as I'm sure you will - definitely go for a replacement if Uglybob's experience is anything to go by. Seems the difference between his original purchase and the new replacement camera isvery obvious.Hope you will be sharing asimilar joyshortly.

One thing I will say to Fuji's credit is that they do seem willing to replace the suspect cameras with very little fuss, which is quite encouraging.