Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 12, 2006, 5:54 AM   #181

I must add that my third S9500 is performing well. I have compared the test images I initially took with my first S9500 (the second didn't appear to have focusing/exposure issue, but had blown pixels showing on images) with my current one and note an incredible marked difference in quality of images, taken with the same settings.

My new S9500 (whom I have called Kylie) is producing crisp, clear images and it seems to be healthy is every other respect too. No fallen off dials either or blown pixels....yet!

Regards,

ISoS
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:19 AM   #182

The S9000 is a great camera. I just would have wanted a few things: greater zoom (12X would be cool), image stabilization, better LCD, SD support, Li-Ion battery.
Because of all these things missing I prefered the Pana FZ30 instead.
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:25 AM   #183

Hi Zygh

Imagine how boringthe enthusiasts life will becomethe daythey develop the perfect generic camera thatfulfillsevery situation & every preference. No more choices to agonise over, no more titillating visits to the local retailer, no more hot debates over which camera's attributes are better than the other - no more anticipation of things to come. And of course, being the perfect camera, very little skill will be needed to produce the perfect shotevery time.

Sounds about as interesting as watching the paint dryon the bedroom wall(that I havent painted because I've been playing with histograms) :|

Good to have a choice to make Zygh - sorry you made the wrong one though:G
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:29 AM   #184

You're a very funny guy, SteveDak! :lol:
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:50 AM   #185

No Zygh, you've got it wrong again - Syd's the funny guy. I'm the good looking one.

Enjoy your new camand come back to post some results
Old Jan 14, 2006, 9:04 PM   #186

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
Hope you come right, as I'm sure you will - definitely go for a replacement if Uglybob's experience is anything to go by. Seems the difference between his original purchase and the new replacement camera isvery obvious.Hope you will be sharing asimilar joyshortly.
Perhaps I spoke too soon.. Been testing this 2nd S9500 all week and even though its a lot better than the first one - it still has some nasty issues!

Check this out (warning 4.8mb image!)
www.jml.net/~uglybob/DSCF0714.JPG
EXIF data still intact etc, taken at 28mm

Take a look at the bottom left, see the "wheel" area? Ugh - Its better but still the same issue. I will conduct some sidebyside test with the Dimage Z3 in the morning but I think its safe to say this thing is going back and in exchange will be returning my cash!

I gave you a chance Fuji - You blew it.... I've used Kodak, Sanyo and KonicaMinolta in the past without a single hitch... :- Looking at a Nikon D50 now, infact perhaps any camera with at least some form of quality control?

//J

uglybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 9:36 PM   #187

Actually Bob if you look closely at the image you wil see it is soft in all 4 corners. This may and I say may be because the lens is wide open. Try the shot again say at F7 or above and see if that improves things. Also because of the way Fuji encode the exif data I can't tell what the focal length is I know it says 6.3mm but I can't convert this to 35mm Equivelent. When you reshoot try to use the lens some where near the middle of its length say around 100mm ideally this should be where the lens is at it's sharpest.

I also presume this is Jpeg straight out of the camera. If so also try shooting RAW and see how well you can sharpen that up in PS. I moved to a D50 and all I will say is it is a far better camera for me, however I do tend to lug more stuff around as a result and it WILL cost you more money in the long run than the S9500 ever will.
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:10 AM   #188

uglybob wrote:
Quote:
I gave you a chance Fuji - You blew it.... I've used Kodak, Sanyo and KonicaMinolta in the past without a single hitch... :- Looking at a Nikon D50 now, infact perhaps any camera with at least some form of quality control?
Really sorry to hear that you appear to beback to square one with the replacement camera John. Unfortunately yoursis not a unique experienceand that is why some owners are now on their third & fourth camera,in their questfor one that is fault free. By anyone's standard this is a wearisome & deeply depressing experience.

In my opinion it ishightime that Fuji acknowledge the difficulties that some new ownershave had to endure intheir laudable desire to remain aFuji customer.

My local dealeradmitted tome this weekend that they havebeensteering customers away fromthe 9500 for a while now - most have opted for the Nikon D50 and infewer cases, the customer has departed with the 5600 or FZ30.

Fuji's loss is Nikon's gainby all accounts.

Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:18 AM   #189

SteveDak wrote: Fuji's loss is Nikon's gain¬*by all accounts.¬*
[/quote]

...and Pana's too :-)
Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:45 AM   #190

zygh wrote:
Quote:
SteveDak wrote: Fuji's loss is Nikon's gainby all accounts.
...and Pana's too :-)

Zygh, you were bang on time - I gave you about 10mins to post a reply and you came in in 8 minutes (rightfully soI have to admit :sad

Maybe you didn't make the wrong choice after all - sorry!:-)
[/quote]