Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:58 PM   #11

Well here are the images they were both taken with the same settings at the same time decide for yourself people this message will have the S5500 pic the next will have the S9500
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 1:02 PM   #12

Here is the S9500 note the strange colour and the poor resolution this is not just softness we have here I have post processed the image in CS2 several times and the results are not good. The image will sharpen but no more detail is resolved
Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:39 PM   #13

Andy_Lee wrote:
Quote:
Here is the S9500 note the strange colour and the poor resolution this is not just softness we have here I have post processed the image in CS2 several times and the results are not good. The image will sharpen but no more detail is resolved
Hi Andy

Any chance of you posting a picture from your s9500 that has not been processed or cropped, only maybe resized at the most, but preferably full sized. Can't tell anything from them except you have resised them to 300dpi. Don't know why you did that.
I would realy like to help you.

Sel .....:-)
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html
SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 3:53 PM   #14

SelNZ wrote:
Quote:
Andy_Lee wrote:
Quote:
Hi Andy

Any chance of you posting a picture from your s9500 that has not been processed or cropped, only maybe resized at the most, but preferably full sized. Can't tell anything from them except you have resised them to 300dpi. Don't know why you did that.
I would realy like to help you.

Sel .....:-)
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html

How do I post an 18Mb RAW file to the forum Sel. The only processing done on the above file is crop and resize no sharpening no colour adjust they are JPGs converted from the original RAW files as taken Cropped and resized to make them usable on the site no other reason
Old Nov 7, 2005, 4:40 PM   #15

Andy_Lee wrote
Quote:
How do I post an 18Mb RAW file to the forum Sel. The only processing done on the above file is crop and resize no sharpening no colour adjust they are JPGs converted from the original RAW files as taken Cropped and resized to make them usable on the site no other reason
O.k. Any way you can send me a normal jpg, say original resized to1024x768, no compression to my email address? By the way what did you use to process the raw files?

Sel ....... :-)
Old Nov 7, 2005, 5:06 PM   #16

Hi Sel

I will send a file in JPG as requested tomorrow UK time now 22:10 and time for bed for me (up at 0500 for work) When I resize the file do you want it resampled to retain 72dpi or not and raise the DPI accordingly. RAW processing in Fuji Hyperutility updated for the S9500 curtesy of Fujifilm.com
Old Nov 7, 2005, 5:33 PM   #17

Andy_Lee wrote:
Quote:
Hi Sel

I will send a file in JPG as requested tomorrow UK time now 22:10 and time for bed for me (up at 0500 for work) When I resize the file do you want it resampled to retain 72dpi or not and raise the DPI accordingly. RAW processing in Fuji Hyperutility updated for the S9500 curtesy of Fujifilm.com
Hi again Andy,

Leave it at 72 dpi. I use hyper utiliy and find it great. Did you use the highest quality conversion, and size it back to 9mp? If you leave it at 18mp your monitor won't cope and they look nasty. I always convert mine to jpg not tif. In fact I'm hardly using raw at the moment jpg is so good, but they do need some pp.

I know what getting up early is like, used to do that for 28 years. :shock:

Sel ......... :-):-)
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:00 AM   #18
Super Moderator

so it seems as if most of the problems are occuring with the UK version (9500)?
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 3:58 AM   #19

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
so it seems as if most of the problems are occuring with the UK version (9500)?

Well I obviously can't comment on anybody elses camera, but what do you think ?having seen the examples above would you say there is a problem or not.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 3:48 PM   #20

My camera
53Q54814

bought in Malta was replaced

I upgraded from an S5k and photos had very low contrast. Eventually I noted diagonal smearing on all photos especially with high contrast
mickeyf is offline   Reply With Quote